xxii. hell hath no fury

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃

❀ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘸𝘰: 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘯𝘰 𝘧𝘶𝘳𝘺

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

𝐤𝐚𝐲𝐚 𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞

     CURRENTLY THREE STATES AWAY, Kaya finds herself caught in a bloodlust, scarlet liquid staining her pale hands, her clothes, and her mind. Memories of the wars are bombarding her, and of the instances where she has had to end lives due to their secret — the secret of the vampires — having been revealed to mortals. They barely faze Kaya anymore. She has grown to live with the torment of her thoughts and memories. Drawn by the terrors, Demetri stands only a few feet in front of his Coven Mate, his brilliant red eyes filling with worry.

     "What do you want, Demetri?" Kaya all but snarls, not in the best mood to deal with a Coven Mate. Looking up at him, his eyes widen in surprise. "I won't repeat myself again, Demetri. What the fuck do you want?"

     "Well, today is our meeting day, to begin with, Kaya. I can tell that something is troubling you though. Would you like to talk about it first?"

     "The fucking mind reader in the Cullen family decided to save the life of a measly human just because she is his blood singer. He sped across a parking lot full of humans and shoved her out of the way of the fucking ute that was going to crush her."

     "I see." Demetri folds his arms across his chest and looks thoughtful for a moment. "He has exposed our kind to the humans."

     Kaya shrugs slightly. "Apparently no human saw him. So, if they did, their feeble minds have discarded it in favour of disbelief."

     "So no laws have been broken. I see. There is no need for me to inform Aro of this indiscretion, is there, Kaya?"

     "Mine or his?"

     "My guess is that you'd prefer him not to know about this...scene. Am I correct, Miss Salvatore?"

     Kaya only nods in agreement, her ruby eyes flicking back down to the bodies at her feet. Demetri is really the only one in the Volturi that she is able to stand being around when her emotions are running rampant and her fingers are itching to rips limbs from bodies, other than that, maybe Felix or Alec — but none of the others, and not for an extended period of time.