xxi. the live-saving accident

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃

❀ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦-𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

𝐤𝐚𝐲𝐚 𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞

     A WEEK HAS PASSED since Kathleen and Kaya were basically forced to move into the Cullen residence. Well Kaya was forced, but her daughter was more than happy to. Kaya hates the idea of being in an actual Coven once again, because it brings up memories of the past that she would rather not remember due to the pain they cause to erupt within her. She can vouch for Jasper having the same feelings towards their shared past, but quite obviously not the extent that Kaya does due to having been with the Cullen's since the late 1940's.

     "Kaya," Jasper whispers to his Mate, making her look up from her drawing book that Alice bought her. "Listen."

     Turning her focus to across the school, Kaya picks up on Edward and Bella's first conversation.

     "Hello. I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to introduce myself last week," Edward says. "I'm Edward Cullen... You're Bella?"

     "Yes," the brunette girl replies.

     "Onion root tip cells! That's what's on your slides right now," Mr Molina — the biology teacher — almost cheers, interrupting their conversation and making Kaya shiver at his cheeriness. "Okay? So separate and label them into the phases of Mitosis. And the first partners to get it right are gonna win the golden onion!"

     "Ladies first," Edward offers, ever the gentleman.

     "You were gone," Bella almost accuses.

     "Yeah. Um, I was out of town for a couple of days. Personal reasons."

     "Prophase."

     "You mind if I look? It's prophase."

     "Like I said."

     "So, you're enjoying the rain?"

     Kaya lets out a short laugh before eyes glance over at her incredulously. Beside her, Jasper fights the grin beginning to grow on his face. A couple of classrooms away, Kaya hears Alice let out a small snicker at her adoptive brother's words, and from the library Kaya hears two sets of quiet laughter coming from Emmett and Rosalie. From the same room as their adoptive brother, Kaya hears Kathleen laughing quietly. Still grinning, Kaya siphon shares Edward's telepathy and hones in on his thoughts so we are able to communicate.