xvi. honey blond and golden eyes

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃

❀ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯: 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘺 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘯 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

𝐤𝐚𝐲𝐚 𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞

     HESITANTLY, KAYA SITS BESIDE Kathleen and meets Carlisle's golden eyes. "I have some questions for you first."

     The blond smiles gently. "Ask anything you'd like, and I will answer it."

     "There are rumours of a wolf pack here. Are they true?"

     "Yes. They are called the Quileutes, and have lived here for centuries. My family and I have created a pact with them so we are able to remain here."

     "What does this pact detail?"

     "That we will not cross the treaty line into their territory, and that we will not kill the humans of this town. In return, they will keep our secret and not kill us. Both regulations are easy to uphold."

     "How so?"

     "Have a look at my eyes, and then your companion's. Her's are red, and mine are gold, yes? Yours are red because you feed on human blood, and mine and my family's are gold because we feed on animal blood."

     At the mention of drinking animal blood, Kaya finds herself drawn to the idea for but a small moment, but instantly dismiss it when she spots someone looking at herself and Kathleen from the window of the house out the corner of her eye. Carlisle notices and indicates for them to come to himself and the females. Moments later, a long dark haired woman is by the blond's side and her golden eyes are looking over their family's newcomers warily, noting their ruby red eyes. She sits beside him and he drapes his left arm over her shoulders, reclining back against the metal seat.

     The thought of Jasper having golden eyes makes Kaya feel slightly giddy, and Kathleen instantly gives her mother a strange look at that emotion, her confusion and slight amusement warming the air around the female vampires. Kaya gives her daughter a knowing smile and she becomes even more confused until her red eyes widen in disbelief and recognition, a glimmering sheen of tears appearing over the vibrant red and making them appear as though they're even more red than usual.

     "There is something you should know, Carlisle," Kaya says softly, looking over at the older man. "My companion, as you called her, is my daughter. She was conceived and born while I was a vampire."