xxiv. vampires that play baseball

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃

❀ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳: 𝘷𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘴𝘦𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘭

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

𝐤𝐚𝐲𝐚 𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞

     ROLLING HER EYES, KAYA allows Alice to force a baseball jersey over the older vampire's head and a cap atop it. Not too long after that, Kaya is thrown into a car alongside her, Kathleen, and Jasper whilst Edward heads off to pick up Bella for some god-awful reason. Staring out the window, Kaya has a bad feeling about playing baseball today — even with the thunderstorm looming above them, promising safety from being found. It feels like one of those ominous ones from cartoons and anime.

     "I'm glad you're here," Esme exclaims with a smile as Bella and Edward walk over to them almost half an hour later. "We need an umpire."

     "She thinks we cheat," Emmett snickers.

     "I know you cheat. Call them as you see them, Bella."

     The teenage human nods. "Okay."

     "It's time," Alice calls with a grin, looking up at the sky from the pitcher's place.

     Rosalie steps up to the batter's station, swinging the bat around for a few practice swings before Alice pitches the ball at a frightening speed. Standing in the batting line, Kaya lets out a small 'whoop' as the ball goes flying past everyone, Edward speeding after it. Unsurprisingly for the fast vampire, he catches it and pegs it back to home base, Esme getting Rosalie out, and Bella calling it, much to the blonde's disgust.

     "Out! Whoo!" Emmett cheers, but sobers as Rosalie stands, glaring right into Bella's fawn eyes. "Babe, come on! It's just a game."

     Carlisle teases Rosalie as she walks away, the blonde purposely hitting Bella with her shoulder, before he steps up to bat, rotating the bat a couple of times as Alice pitches. A loud cracking sound fills the air as Carlisle smashes the ball, accompanied by the thunder. Kaya watches with amusement as both Emmett and Edward eye the ball before running to catch it. However, they both launch into the air and collide with each other, falling to the hard ground with groans mixed with laughter, allowing the blond patriarch to claim a home run for his team.