2 - Cursed fate

"How many times?"

Taehyung sighed before closing the door to his home. He dragged his feet to the kitchen, ignoring the piercing glares that were being thrown towards his direction, and opened a can of beer to drown his thoughts away. After gulping the whole thing in one go, he crushed the container and dropped it in the trash bin.

"Now's not the time, Jimin," he mumbled.

"How many times did you kill her now?!" The older raised his voice, unable to tolerate his actions no more. Not again.

There was silence, darkness towering over both of them. The tension between them was aggravating. It has been a while since an incident like this happened. But this time, Jimin wasn't going to let it go.

"22 times," Taehyung whispered, tears streaming down his cheeks. "I killed her 22 times."

"This is enough! I shouldn't have let you do this in the first place... What was I even thinking..." Jimin rubbed his face. "You're going insane, Taehyung! I can't let you do this no more! In her next reincarnation, let her live her life and don't interfere with her natural death. Or I swear I will take serious measures against all this," he growled.

Taehyung chuckled breathily. "You think I kill her because I want to?"

Jimin tensed. "That's not what I-"

"I do that because I can't lose her! I want her to be with me for just another lifetime."

"This is wrong!" Jimin snapped. "You can't keep doing this! It's unfair for her! Enough is enough, Taehyung! It's time you stop this for good and rest in fucking peace!"

Taehyung gulped, crying uncontrollably.

He knew that. He knew that but he couldn't stop. If he could be with you that way, he would never stop. Still, a part of him, the sane part of him was trying.

"Please don't separate her from me," he pleaded, eyes closed shut. "I won't do this again so please..."

Jimin's heart hurt seeing his state. He looked so broken. For centuries, he was there to ease his pain and he still was, even now. He walked up to him and wrapped the younger's sullen and desolate form. He knew that his friend was losing himself by the day, but he couldn't add to the suffering.

"Fine. Just don't cross your boundaries."

With that, along with one last pat in the back, he disappeared.

"What even is 'boundaries'?" Taehyung whispered to himself.

Time changed him. It did horrible mutations to the way he thinks, the way he views life. He no longer cherished. He no longer valued life. Immortality was a curse to him, but he couldn't bring himself to end his own life and his misery. He had you.

Among all these chaos, there was you. And that was what made him want to keep on living... to be with you. Even if it required him to interfere with your death. He had connections with the reapers, so it was easy to know how you would actually pass away. He could easily put you in an 'accident' before that happened. Still, it killed him inside every time.

He sobbed loudly now, dropping to the ground and clutching his chest. It was beyond difficult to breathe. It was painful. Excruciating.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry," he kept repeating, gasping for air.

"Please forgive me..."

♾♾♾

"What did he say," Yoongi asked without glancing at the man who just appeared next to him.

"He said that he'll try to let her pass accordingly next time."

The fellow reaper snapped his head towards him, brows furrowed. "You didn't tell him to cut his ties with her?!"

Jimin gulped and looked away, pursing his lips.

Yoongi sighed heavily. "You're too soft, Jimin. He's a murderer. He distorted her life and caused a disorder in our system. The lord of the underworld wants him gone already and that's exactly what we should be doing, not being a mushy softie towards him," he scolded.

"I know... Let's just give him a chance, please."

The other man scoffed. "I'd say he's had way too many chances. If you can't, I'll keep an eye on him."

Yoongi closed his journal and grabbed his phone before brushing past the younger man to perform his next tasks.

"You're not a human, Jimin. Don't get your emotions mixed up in this mess," he whispered and disappeared into thin air.

Jimin cursed loudly and ran his hand through his hair.

"You don't have to tell me that."

A/N: *peeks* What do you think about this story?

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 💜