19 - Forgotten diaries

"You came here before, so I hope you're more than comfortable coming back."

Before heading to my parents, Taehyung wanted to show me around his house.

So here we were, walking inside his lonesome mansion.

"Yeah..."

The place truly felt lonely.

Every inch of the forlorn old house was dead silent.

Living alone in such an enormous mansion all alone... If it was this quiet inside, I wondered how he hadn't gone insane already.

"This is the living room. That is the kitchen. My office room is upstairs. And all the other rooms are unoccupied bedrooms."

I nodded slowly.

"It's so... silent."

He chuckled, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me closely against himself.

"That's because I live alone here."

"It's... sad," I whispered softly.

He leaned down against my ear to whisper, "Then, why don't you move in with me?"

I hummed, thinking. "Not this early, Tae."

His shoulders dropped as he sighed.

His phone suddenly started ringing and he looked at it with a frown.

"I thought I told them not to bother me for two days," he fumed before looking at me with a sad face.

"I should probably take this. You can go ahead and explore in the meantime."

I nodded and he walked away, accepting the call.

"What," he thundered into his phone.

I flinched but quickly shook it off and strolled around the hallways.

Paintings that seemed to belong to ancient eras were hanging on the walls. Considering how much of an art lover he was, it was inevitable that he would collect all those items.

The deeper I ventured, the colder I felt.

My heart was stinging, thinking about how he lived up until now. It must've been hard.

The plate that said 'Office' caught my eyes and I decided to check it out.

When I walked inside, I clicked my tongue at the messy desk, papers and documents floating all over.

Does he even clean his room?

Looking around, I walked over to a door that led to another room inside. There were notebooks and dusty books everywhere, disorganized on the bookshelves.

Shaking my head, I took one of the notebooks to read what he wrote on it. My eyebrows jumped when I read 'Diary' on it.

He writes a diary?

Guided by my curiosity, I flipped the pages and scanned them.

What the...

This is not written by him...

Who is Sera?

Confused about why he had another person's diary in his office room, I started reading them intently.

Dear diary,

I maybe paranoid. Taehyung and I are both in our 30s, but I don't see his appearance changing lately. He looks the same as he was when I first met him. It maybe due to his genes and whatnot, but I somehow feel strange about that.

Apart from that, we're living happily together. But still, when I brought up the topic of children, he said that he was happy enough being with me only.

I can't help but feel empty, but I respect his decision. I'm happy being with him as well...

Love,
Sera

What is this...?

This 'Sera'... was she talking about the Taehyung I knew?

I read the entry over and over again to make sure that I read it correctly.

I had thousands of thoughts running on my mind, trying to understand and interpret what the diary entry meant.

It couldn't possibly be talking about the Taehyung I knew... It was written over fifty years ago.

But why did Taehyung have this...?

The name Sera also reminded me of something... Something I just couldn't put my hands on.

I put the notebook down where it was and picked up another one that had 'Diary' on it.

Dear Diary,

I honestly can't believe it.

Taehyung confessed to me today in front of all of my colleagues at the hospital.

My heart is still pounding so fast just thinking about it again.

I can't explain my feelings in words...

I truly love him.

Love,
Minjoon

I gasped before flipping the pages. It was a different girl but Taehyung was mentioned in almost every entry just like the previous notebook.

What is happening?

I put it back in its place and looked over all the notebooks. When I counted them, there were 22 diaries, some ripped and really old, some new and clean, free of any damages.

All of them must have similar entries like those two...

But how? How did every single one of them mention the same Taehyung I knew?

Even if all of it was a coincidence, why would he collect all these?

I quickly ran out of the room and tried to calm down my rapid breathing while heading to the bathroom.

Suddenly, I started coughing violently again and clutched my chest. I fell to the ground due to the force.

"Rena!"

Taehyung started running up to me and kneeled down to hold me up. Just from his voice, I could tell that he was more than agitated.

"Are you okay?! Did you get hurt?!"

Clearing my throat harshly, I choked out, "I'm fine. It's just the flu."

That didn't stop him from eyeing me with distress.

"S-Should we go to the hospital?"

I shook my head, forcing a smile. "It's not necessary, Tae. Let's just head out if you're finished talking."

Taehyung...

What are you hiding from me?

————————————————————————
A/N: Thank you for reading this chapter and please don't forget to vote if you liked it 💜