21 - Star lovers

"So, where are you two sleeping tonight?"

I stopped munching on my food to look up at my mother with raised eyebrows.

"There's only one other bed that's in your old room, but I don't think you two can fit on that small thing..." She looked around the living room. "Even though your brother was used to it, sleeping on the couch or on the ground could be uncomfortable. What should we do?"

I thought for a moment, imagining us fitting on my bed.

"We should try to fit on my bed. I mean, he's really slim, I'm sure we can work it out."

Why didn't I think of this before coming here?

My mother sighed while scanning Taehyung. "Well, I suppose it could... But if he tries anything stupid..."

He quickly shook his head. "No, of course I wouldn't!"

She giggled and so did my father before he said, "Stop teasing him, honey. You've been doing that all day, give him a break, sheesh..."

I snorted as Taehyung kept blushing beside me.

♾♾♾

Tossing and turning in my bed, I couldn't find sleep as my brain couldn't forget about the diaries.

Taking a glimpse at my side, I saw Taehyung sleeping quietly, facing the ceiling, his breath soft and slow.

With a deep sigh, I got off the bed and wore my fuzzy robe before walking out to the balcony and sitting on one of the two stools.

The stars were shining brightly tonight and I watched them twinkle and flicker before me in awe. The stars would help me forget my problems and focus my attention on them all the time.

Or, perhaps I was just a star lover...

I breathed the cool night air, hoping to ease my mind and let go of my worries.

The door suddenly opened behind me and I whipped my head back to find Taehyung rubbing his eyes while yawning.

"Why aren't you sleeping? It's cold outside," he murmured huskily and took a seat beside me.

"You should have worn something before coming out here," I scolded him, seeing how he was just in his white tee. "Come here."

When he came closer, I took off my robe and wrapped it around both of us. Luckily, it was big enough to fit the two of us.

He rubbed his eyes again.

"I just couldn't stop thinking about some things," I whispered, hoping he doesn't ask about it.

"What?"

Ugh...

"Just some... stuff."

I rummaged inside my pocket nervously. There was a mint in there and I looked at the date of expiry. It was fine so I took one and popped it into my mouth.

"Want some?" I offered him and he nodded before taking a few and groggily shoving them in his mouth.

"Why don't you go back inside? You seem really sleepy, Tae."

He shook his head with his eyes closed, pouting. "Tae is staying here with you."

My heart involuntarily squeezed.

I didn't know what came to me when I decided to pull his head and place it on my shoulder.

He snuggled further into my neck contently and I tried to ignore the electric feeling that was spreading through my body.