4 - Inner voice

"What happened?"

I splashed water on my face repeatedly and closed the tap when a few droplets started wetting my shirt. Huffing out a breath, I grabbed one or two tissues from the white box above the sink and dabbed my face.

I really don't know...

"I don't know, Lyn. I suddenly felt like suffocating when that new guy looked my way. It felt... overwhelming."

She raised a brow. "Falling in love?"

"No!" I whirled around to look at her with a frown. "More like... afraid of him, I'd say."

"But why? Afraid of falling for him?" She tried to hide a smirk that was slowly making its way to her lips.

I groaned. "Ugh, stop it. You don't understand."

I pushed past her and opened the door, leaving the bathroom.

"Falling for him?" I scoffed. "As if I'd do such a thing that quick."

He's giving me the chills and I'm supposed to ignore my guts and like him? Am I that crazy?

"Rena, wait for me, will ya?" Lyn groaned from the back and caught up with me. "Why so serious? I'm sure it's nothing big. You know when you hate someone even when they didn't do anything to you?"

"Yeah?"

"I think it's like that with him."

Perhaps. Perhaps not.

"Whatever it is, I'm not having him near me anytime soon."

She sighed loudly. "Ahh, what a shame. He was really good-looking..."

I shook my head giggling. "There's plenty of handsome guys out there, Lyn. This one's nothing special."

♾♾♾

"This assignment must be handed in after two weeks, along with your previous assignments. I won't accept the late ones. That's all for today."

All the students groaned in unison while Mrs. Lee smirked and waved her hand, jumping out the door when the bell rang.

Is she even aware that we have different classes where we get tons of homework and not only hers? My blood pressure might spike anytime soon and I blame it on her for stressing me out so much.

I might even burn this school if I get the chance.

"Are you ready?" Evelyn asked me after throwing her backpack over her shoulders.

"No. I think I'm gonna stay at the library. My assignment required shitton of reading, might as well start doing it before it's too late." I huffed annoyed. "What about you?"

"I'll pass. Mine's quite easy." She shuffled towards the door before turning back and asking me, "I'll be cooking today then?"

I nodded eagerly and she rolled her eyes, smiling. "Okay. I'm leaving."

"Bye," I yelled without even looking at her, my eyes busy looking through the library catalogue, searching for some specific books.

"Excuse me?"

I whipped my head back to see the new boy scratching his head, peeking at me with puppy eyes.

There was no other student in the classroom, so I figured he was talking to me.

"Yes?" I blinked.

"Can you show me where the library is?" He smiled sheepishly and my stupid heart fluttered at that. "I didn't get a tour around the school, so I'm a bit lost here."

"Oh." I hesitated a bit, but looking at him again, I couldn't say no. "Sure."

I wanted to get away from him but he seemed troubled. Ditching him now would make me seem like a really rude person, so I had no other choice but to lead him there and hope he doesn't interact with me further.

I grabbed my bag and walked to the door before looking back at him. "Let's go."

He skipped towards me and we started walking side by side.

Having him near me still instilled this unexplainable feeling in me, begging me to get away from him. I didn't understand what was the problem with him. I couldn't just hate someone with no reason. Plus, he didn't seem like a bad person.

I glanced at his face.

His side profile was perfect, the guy didn't even seem real. Maybe it was that. Maybe he wasn't a human and my instincts were telling me to stay away from him.

I snorted and caught his attention, his fierce eyes peering at me.

"Is there something on my face?"

I quickly shook my head. "No. I was just..." I bit my lips.

"Just what?" He cocked his eyebrow, hiding his smirk.

He must have thought that I was gawking at his face. I'm not letting him have that.

"Anyway," I tried steering the topic away from that, "I'm Rena."

A small smile was formed on his face, his eyes softening. "Nice to meet you. I'm Taehyung."

I nodded. "So, which school did you come from?"

"Oh." He cleared his throat and faced forward. "I was homeschooled before."

Homeschooled, eh? Then he might not be that cocky as I expected him to be. "I see."

We arrived at the library and I stood before him. "This is the library. You can do your homework, read books or take them home for two days max."

He squinted his eyes playfully. "Only two?"

"Yep. Apparently they don't trust us that much. It's a shame, really." I rolled my eyes. "Anyway, I have some work to do, so I guess we're parting here."

"Oh, I'm here to do my assignment, too. I needed some books from here." He pointed at the book shelves.

I sighed internally. Just ignore him, Rena, and it'll be alright.

"Okay. Have fun then," I chimed and turned on my heels, pacing away from him.

"Wait, Rena!"

I turned around.

He grinned warmly, his eyes forming crescent moons, looking so adorable and genial, and gushed, "Thank you."

My heart started racing and I scolded myself internally before smiling back.

"Anytime."

————————————————————————
A/N: I'm sorry for updating so late 🙇🏻‍♀️

My writing is deteriorating lmao. This is what happens when you stop writing for a long time. Forgive my shitty writing 😔✊