13 - Hauntings

"We can't be together, Rena..."

I was in the arms of the man who broke me, whispering the words that haunted me every night.

The man who claimed my heart, only to shatter it later on... but for what reason exactly?

"Don't make it hard for me, please... This is for the sake of the both of us. Forget me and live without me. I'll only be the cause of your misery..."

You're already the cause of my misery... by leaving me and throwing me away, lying that it was for the sake of the both of us.

Because of you, I couldn't get closer to anyone, afraid that they might leave me one day... just like you did.

I broke the hug and pulled myself back to see him crying in my arms, just like that day.

"I don't understand what's going on, Tae," I stated before wiping his tears with my sleeves. "Tell me what's happening. Why can't we be together?"

He shook his head and grabbed my hands to push them away from himself. "Just do as I say and you won't get hurt."

I won't get hurt, huh...

Then why do I feel this pain in my heart whenever I think about you?

Why do I have to live with these burning traces of your existence etched onto my brain so deeply?

Why do I care about you this much when we only spent a month with each other?

Why can't you just be with me...

Standing up, he took one long look at me before apologizing and started walking away from me.

Will I never see you again?

Will I never get the chance to hold you again?

"T-Taehyung..."

His form was disappearing into the thick fog. I hurriedly stood up from the ground and ran after him.

"Taehyung!"

I suddenly found myself inside a car, watching the trees and cars passing by.

I turned to the driver's seat and widened my eyes when I saw Taehyung next to me. He was anxiously nibbling on his bottom lip with a grim expression.

What was happening?

"Taehyung? Why do you look so grave?"

He gulped as he gripped the wheels tighter.

"It's nothing, my love. I'm just trying hard to stay awake since I slept late yesterday..."

My love?

Since when did he call me that?

He turned to give me a small smile. "Why don't you take a nap, Sera? It's a long drive."

Sera?

I nodded and closed my eyes, leaning my head back on the seat. Even though I tried opening my eyes, I couldn't, as if my body was completely ignoring my commands.

A sniffle was heard all of a sudden and I slowly opened my eyes to see Taehyung covering his mouth, trying to muffle his sobs. Tears were flowing out of his eyes.

"Tae?"

He snapped his head towards me with a shocked expression.

"Why aren't you sleeping?!"

Before I could say anything, a strong force made me fly off my seat and hit my head on the front window of the car as it collided with something.

I gasped as I jolted up from the bed, tears staining my face.

Rubbing my eyes, I tried calming down my heartbeat, inhaling and exhaling with my hand placed against my chest.

I had that dream again.

It was different this time but one thing was similar to all the other dreams I had recently...

Sera.

Why did I keep dreaming about him living with me and calling me Sera?

Was I that desperate to be with him that my brain was making up those fake love scenarios during my sleep?

It better stop.

I sighed before getting up from the bed and heading to the bathroom to wash up. It was way earlier than the time I would normally wake up, but I couldn't get back to sleep.

♾♾♾

I was writing on my diary when someone from my class approached me with a cheerful smile.

"Rena!" She sat down beside me.

I took off my earphones and looked at her. "Yes?"

"You told me you were searching for a part time job, right?"

"Ah..." I breathed out a laugh, scratching my nape. "Yeah, I did. But I stopped searching recently since I became busier lately."

"Oh." She nodded, pouting a bit. "I found a notice somewhere that said a very famous hotel was receiving job applications for a receptionist. The salary was high and they were accepting university students with flexible work hours, so I thought I should show it to you..."

She showed me a picture she took. It had contact information and job requirements. I actually fitted all of them and I considered applying for it.

"Can you send that to me? I think I'll try applying for it."

She smiled again. "Really? Okay. I was worried that I wasn't able to help you."

She's too nice...

"Thank you so much."

She sent me the picture and waved at me before running to her seat.

I read the information over and over again, deciding whether or not I should take the chance. Flexible work hours with three shifts, high salary, and a nice workplace...

I had to start saving sooner or later. Plus, my expenses were becoming bigger and bigger nowadays, I couldn't just keep receiving money from my parents.

Alright, let's go for it.

————————————————————————
A/N: I'm so happy that we're past those school shet, we can finally move on to the plot 🎉

Thank you for reading this chapter and please don't forget to vote if you liked it 💜