8 - Secret rendezvous

Another day, another slay.

That's what I wanted to say, but I was actually the one who was slain.

Gathering up my belongings, I started packing after the bell rang, earning cheers from the much tired students and a quiet sigh from the teacher. Guess we weren't the only ones who were dying to go home.

"Rena?"

I looked up to see Taehyung leaning down to my eye level, a sweet smile that didn't quite reach his soft eyes plastered on his bright face. My heart did a flip when my eyes caught his. This man right before me was doing something to me.

"Yes?" I squeaked.

"Are you free today?" He asked with glistening eyes beholding me in a hopeful look.

"I am." Heck, I was free everyday. Evelyn was the one who comes up with plans for us, but she was busy with her own stuff these days, and all I did was go home after classes and waste my time on the internet. That's not healthy, to be honest, but what can I do.

His eyes lit up and he grinned at me in the most beautiful way possible. Really, he was the most beautiful man I had ever seen.

"I was wondering if you could accompany me somewhere today," he muttered, fidgeting.

I had nothing to do anyway, so I agreed to go. "Sure."

"Great!" He exclaimed. "I'll pick you up at 6. Wear something... sophisticated." With that, he gleefully skipped out of the classroom.

I stood there bewildered.

Sophisticated?

♾♾♾

I fixed my hair for the hundredth time, putting it up in a ponytail, releasing it, braiding it, and then doing it in an updo, then releasing it.

Why are you so nervous now, Rena? This is not a date or something...

He just wanted me to accompany him somewhere and that's it.

Since he wanted something sophisticated, I wore a cream blouse and paired it with brown wide leg pants with white stripes. I put on a darker shade of trench coat and ankle boots of the same color.

Evelyn wasn't at home and I had no one to ask if my attire was acceptable or not.

To my dismay, my phone started ringing before I could fully evaluate my outfit. Taehyung was the calling me and I picked it up immediately.

"I'm here," he sang through the line.

Shit.

"Okay, I'm coming." I ended the call and huffed out a breath. Looking over myself one last time, I grabbed my keys and opened the door, revealing the man in all his glory.

My breath hitched when he came into view, dressed in chocolate coat, red and white scarf hanging around his neck, black beret on top of his head, concealing his hair and showing his perfect forehead, and round glasses adorning his eyes, making him look suave and refined.

Like an art.

He was art.

"You look lovely," he purred, marveling at my appearance, snapping me out of my daze.

My throat felt dry when I gulped.

"Thank you. You look charming," I whispered. My heart couldn't be still.

He swiftly held out his hand for me to hold and threw me a flirtatious look, smirking. "Ready?"

What was he doing to me?

"Yeah," I stammered and placed my hand in his before following him to his car. His sports car.

This dude was rich. Driving sports car, wearing designer clothes, eating at a high-class restaurant. But he wasn't spoiled or pompous. He was genuine, kind and adorable. Plus, a little bit childish.

I wondered how could someone like him exist.

After we took our seats, I asked him, "So where are we going exactly? You only told me to dress 'sophisticated'."

He only gave me a grin and started his car before driving to our secret destination.

♾♾♾

I stood there with my mouth hanging open.

"The museum?" I mumbled next to his smiling form.

"Yep," he giggled. "Although Louvre would have been better, we can't fly there unless it's school break."

He said that so casually.

"That would be a waste since our research papers are due before the school break."

I turned to him with my brows crashed together. "So the reason we are here is..."

"For you to see renaissance art paintings," he chimed softly. "And I'm here with you to guide you, but also because I love seeing arts myself."

"Oh..." I whispered.

The thought of him doing all these things for me caused my heart to swell and a warm, heavy feeling to surge through my body, rushing heat up to my cheeks and rattling my insides.

Why was he doing this?

Was there any other motive behind his actions?

Or does he have f... feelings for me?

All these thoughts were buzzing inside my head, but I couldn't muster up the courage to ask him, because it seemed so sudden to ask such questions.

But also because I was afraid. I was afraid that if he didn't feel that way towards me...

...I would be broken inside.

"Thank you for this, Taehyung. I really appreciate you helping me like this," I voiced my sincere feeling.

He smiled and grabbed my hand, pulling me towards the door.

"You're welcome, Rena. Anything for you."

My heart fluttered at that and I fought with the blush that was definitely creeping up to my cheeks.

I couldn't help it.

I was already falling in love with him...

————————————————————————
A/N:

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 💟