5 - Time effect

Is renaissance art that hard or am I just stupid...

I mean, it's interesting and all, but I just can't seem to get a feel of it. I've been doing mindless readings for the past few days in this library, to be honest.

Why did I choose this? I could have just chosen modern arts or some shit and get it done easily like Lyn.

I sighed for the umpteenth time, closing the book in anger and dropped my head on the table.

My hair was suddenly brushed aside and I saw Taehyung smiling down at me.

"Having a hard time?"

"Hard? Might as well prepare my funeral because I'm about to get an F soon." I lifted my head up and rubbed my forehead.

"An F?" He asked surprised as he took a seat in front of me. "Haven't you been studying here for many days?"

"Yeah. You've been as well?"

"Yep. But I never groaned or sighed that much while studying like you." He chuckled.

"Har har, very funny. Is my suffering entertaining for you?" I said deadpanned.

He froze.

"No."

"Well anyway, I have to get back to reading now." I opened my book again. "Ugh, I'm getting hungry."

He peeked at it. "Renaissance art?"

I nodded.

"I can help you with that. That's actually my favorite art period."

I lifted my eyebrows. "Really? Do you know everything about it?"

He nodded with an adorable smile. "Yep. I really love art. And not to brag, but I know everything about that as if I have lived through it."

I was impressed. He knew about it that well. It was an opportunity for me.

I could save my grades!

I pursed my lips. "Then, can you teach me when you have the time?"

"Of course," he chimed. "I already finished my own paper, so I'm free. There's actually a lot of things, so we can't go over everything in one day."

I nodded.

I know, that's why I was regretting choosing this.

"We can have a studying session here after school everyday," he offered. "How's that?"

"Oh. That's great, actually." I smiled. "I'm sorry if I'm bothering you though."

He quickly shook his hands no. "It's fine. You're not bothering me at all. I would gladly help you. We're friends after all."

We were?

"Thanks."

I started packing my belongings.

"That's enough reading for today. I think I might die of hunger now," I joked.

"I was actually heading out for lunch, you want to go together?" He stood up as well.

Now that I think about it, why am I suddenly hanging around him?

I was supposed to be steering away from him... But somehow, being with him like this, I felt completely at ease.

I can't deny this weird feeling though.

I didn't understand myself.

"Sure," I chimed. "Let's go."

♾♾♾

We arrived at a huge ass restaurant and I gawked at it.

Five star?

How in the heck am I going to afford eating here? Is this dude kidding me?

"Um, Taehyung?" I grabbed his hand before he could enter.

"Why are we here? We could just eat at a small diner or something?"

He blinked a few times and started laughing. "Oh, right. I'm sorry. It's just that, I often come here to have a meal. I didn't realize that I walked here on reflex."

"Oh," was all I could say.

Eating at a five star restaurant everyday?

This dude is that rich?

"I don't think I can afford to eat in this place," I chuckled weakly.

"Don't worry," he assured me as he took my hand. "I'll pay for you this time."

Hahahah... the next time, I'm paying for him at this expensive ass restaurant? Gosh.

Rip my wallet...

"Welcome, Mr. Kim." The receptionist lady bowed when we entered the restaurant.

Mr. Kim? What?

He nodded and led me to a sort of secluded spot, next to the window. When I was about to pull the chair, he beat me to it and I took my seat as he pushed it back in.

Is this really happening?

He took his seat before me and handed me the menu. "Order whatever you like," he smiled at me.

Just then, a waiter walked up to us, ready to take our orders.

Whatever I like? I can't even pronounce these dish names!

I wanted to get some McDonalds or something, what is this?

"What do you recommend?" I asked sheepishly.

"Oh. How about beef bourguignon? It's very delicious."

"Okay, um... beef bourgin- whatever he said," I told the waiter.

"I'll have coq au vin," Taehyung said without even looking at the menu. "And we'll have two bowls of ice cream for dessert."

The waiter nodded and walked away.

"So..." I cleared my throat. "Mind telling me who you are?"

After looking at me wide-eyed, he chuckled and ruffled his soft hair.

"It's nothing special. I just own this conglomerate, that's all."

What the heck...

"At this age?"

"Yeah, it was passed down to me from my father when he passed away a long time ago."

I felt bad for asking. "I'm sorry... What about your mother?"

"She's gone, too."

Oh my gosh, you just had to ask that, didn't you, idiot...

"I'm so sorry." I bit my lips.

"It's okay." He wasn't fazed at all, much to my surprise. Perhaps he had a bad relationship with them.

"It's been so long, I'm starting to forget about it all," he whispered, not showing any emotions.

I didn't know what to say.

Luckily, the waiter came up to us with our food and shattered the dreary atmosphere around us. I sighed internally in relief and marveled at the beautiful sight before me.

Meat!

"Let's eat."

————————————————————————
A/N: ✊✊✊