24 - Mira

Immersed in my thoughts, I stared blankly outside the classroom window. Perhaps I was reminiscing, or perhaps I was daydreaming...

Either way, I felt my heart ache.

"Mira."

I turned my head to see Jungkook taking a seat before me.

"You look... sad? What were you thinking about?"

I forced a smile. "Nothing. Just... missing someone I used to know..."

His expression turned into a worried one. "Who?"

I chuckled before whispering, "It's a secret."

He pouted but shook it off, sighing. "The class is already over if you didn't know."

I blinked and looked around to see that the place was empty. I should stop dazing off like that, seriously.

"The movie is in... approximately one hour," he said while checking his watch. "Shall we have our lunch before then?"

I giggled and stood up before wearing my backpack. "You know it."

I winked at him and he giggled as well, showing me his cute bunny smile.

We walked out of school hand in hand, happily skipping like idiots.

He suddenly took off my bag and carried it.

"It's fineee, Kookie," I exclaimed, tugging at it, trying to take it back. "You should let me carry it. It's not that heavy, you know."

He stuck out his tongue and blasted off with my bag.

I heaved a sigh, biting back my laugh.

"Stop being so adorable..."

♾♾♾

"I don't feel like watching movies now," Jungkook talked with his mouth full of food. "Let's go bowling."

"Oh for goodness' sake! You were the one who was dying to see this movie!"

He shrugged. "Now I wanna play."

I playfully smacked his head, chuckling. "Do it after the movie."

"By the way, what did you write about your future, Mira?"

I stopped munching on my meal and snorted under my breath. "I'm becoming a lawyer... I really want to become one."

He nodded. "You'll do great. I mean, you're very smart and all."

"Thanks," I chimed and leaned in to give him a kiss on his soft cheek.

He suddenly leaned in himself to give me a kiss, but I pushed his chest away, giggling.

"Woah, woah, your lips are covered in sauce," I squeaked.

"And?" He smirked as he kept trying to kiss me, and I burst out laughing.

After finishing our lunch, we started walking to the cinema. He stopped next to me and fumbled with his pockets.

"What's wrong?"

He cursed under his breath and looked at me with his brows furrowed. "I think I left my phone back there. I'll be quick."

With that, he dashed away, running back to the diner's place.

I shook my head. Clumsy baby...

Someone suddenly bumped into my back and I turned around to glare at the person. The man also turned around to scowl at me but his expression turned shocked as soon as he saw me.

My heart dropped.

Taehyung...

I stared at him, unable to utter a single syllable and frozen on my feet. My emotions were all over the place.

All I wanted to do was wrap myself in his arms and cry my heart out, telling him how much I missed him for so many years, how much I wanted to see his face, how much I wished to know how he was doing all these years.

I've been holding in my feelings for so long...

How was he able to do that for centuries?

Clearing my throat and blinking away my tears, I mumbled, "Sorry for bumping into you, mister."

He snapped out of his daze and forced a smile. "No. It was my fault, miss. I apologize for that."

Even after our conversation ended, we weren't moving from our place. Glancing at each other every now and then, we seemed to be wanting to stay like that forever, wanting to speak the thousands of words we've been dying to say.

All I had to do was take a step backwards, but that seemed almost impossible for me.

All he had to do was walk away from me, but he wasn't planning to move an inch.

But I couldn't give into my feelings this time... I promised him that I would help his misery and break the curse.

I wouldn't want to add to his pain just because I couldn't hide my love for him.

Fortunately, Jungkook came back, grinning, with his phone in hand and I sighed in relief as I turned to him.

"Got it," he sang cheerfully and held my hand to continue walking.

Without glancing back at Taehyung, I kept going, because I knew that I wouldn't be able to bear seeing his sad expression.

I reminded myself to be strong.

It's for his sake...

——————————————————————
A/N: We're nearing the end~

Thank you for reading this chapter and please don't forget to vote if you liked it 💜