17 - My fiancée

"Do you and Mr. Kim know each other?"

I flinched, abruptly stopping my paperwork before nervously looking at my colleague, Nana.

"Why?"

"He's been wandering around here way too much and kept stealing glances at you every now and then. Sometimes, he just blatantly stared at you."

My eyes darted around the hall while I thought of what to say.

I mean, an employee and the CEO being in a relationship? That would be the perfect target for a hot gossip.

"He seems to like you... Or," she drawled while narrowing her eyes at me suspiciously, "you two are already somehow involved with each other..."

Shit.

"I-I mean, we..."

I only looked at her with my mouth open, hoping for words to fly out on their own.

"Rena," the culprit suddenly called as he appeared out of nowhere and took quick steps towards me. "How are you doing so far? Is there anything you find uncomfortable?"

Oh my god, go away!

First at school, now here...

I laughed awkwardly under my breath. "I'm good. You don't have to worry about your employee, Mr. Kim," I said, giving emphasis on how our relationship should be at our workplace.

"Of course I would worry about my gir-"

I slapped my hands on his mouth, shutting him up before he could blurt out something unnecessary.

Nana's eyes almost popped out.

"Could you give us a moment," I laughed before dragging Taehyung to an empty hallway.

"What do you think you're doing?!"

He giggled before placing a kiss on my cheek.

"I wanted to be sweet to you every time I could get," he sang happily.

I wanted to coo at him, but I quickly shook off that thought and glared at him to reprimand him instead.

"This is a company! Such flirty, lovey dovey behavior is not acceptable here, especially between an employee and a boss," I snapped, gesturing between ourselves. "I don't want to be seen with you here."

He didn't seem to have listened to me as he pulled me into a hug all of a sudden.

"Taehyung," I groaned into his silky shirt.

"Shush and let me love you," he purred, snuggling into me.

I am unable to can-

"But, your workers-"

"They will soon work under you anyways. Why are you so flustered, honey?"

"I what?! Honey?!"

He hummed and snuggled more.

A man wearing a suit walked past, but not without his eyes glued on us.

"I understand already, so let me go now, please. People are watching us," I whispered.

"Okay." I sighed in relief but soon frowned when he said, "But only if you give me a kiss on the cheek and say 'Work well, honey~' with a sweet voice."

"Never," I hissed.

His hold around my waist tightened and he pulled me closer to himself.