Part 26

#unedited.

Manik's attire

Manik's attire

Manik looked at her who is sitting on floor while resting her back on bed and hugging her knees totally cooconed herself and her eyes are puffy and tired which are looking outside through the open window.

"Naina" Manik called her and she look up at him with fear in her eyes.

Manik came inside with a tray in his hands and she stood up only to stumble on her feets but he held her on time and she become tensed in his hold.

Just like her.

He make her sit in bed and she shiver a little and saw he is sitting beside her and putting the tray in between them.

"Eat baby." He told her and she looked at the tray which contains some foreign dishes to her well there are cheese macroni, sandwitches, scramble eggs, french toast with honey spread on them, toast, butter, jam, cupcakes, juice, and some creamy fruit salad.

Naina's stomach grumble seeing so many new things but cupcake is her love and seeing cupcake her eyes filled up with tears as she remember Nandini who gives her cupcakes at interval of her cooking.

Naina sniffed and saw Manik is looking at her and her fear came back and she tried to control her sobs and wipes her face with her small hands.

She is so like her.

Naina just shake her head and look at Manik. "Mujhe ni khana." She said softly but her grumbling stomach make manik smile.

"I know You are hungry....Apne kal se kuch nahi khaya hai na....chalo eat." Manik told her softly as much as he can.

Naina's eyes filled with tears "Mai khud se nahi khati....Maa mujhe khilati hai." And her hands reach to her face and wipes her tears.

Manik's smile got vanished and he felt guilty but He have to talk to Nandini and planning of Naina's and Nandini's meet.

"Ohh chalo koi baat nahi... Papa will feed you today." Manik told her and she look at him with wide eyes.

"Aap mere papa nahi ho." She mutter softly " mere maa papa tou Mere paida hone ke baad mar gaye." She told him and Manik look drown in emotion that this little girl knows about her parents.

"I know beta...But aap Nandini ko maa bulate ho mujhe papa bulaoge na." He told her and she blink at him.

"Aap maa ke kon lagte ho?" Naina asked him and he open his mouth to answer but nothing came out.

What shall he say?

Who he is to her maa, to Nandini?

Her boss?

Her friend?

Her lover?

Her soul mate?