Chapter 41

I went to go take my seat so I could get ready to watch the following fights.

Right now Shinsou and Izuku are currently fighting. Not sure of who to cheer for, I stayed silent as I watch them give their best.

There was a moment though when Shinsou had Izuku underneath his control, but as of by magic Izuku was able to break free from the mind control and took advantage of Shinsou shock and throw him out of bounds.

Watching the whole ordeal though was very tense. I didn't want either one of them to lose, but I couldn't control that.

I watched as Shinsou sullenly walked away from the arena. I felt tempted to go after him, but I soon realized that my match was very soon, and as heartbreaking as it was for me to make this decision, I told myself that I didn't have time to worry about him but to worry about myself.

Many more matches went by as I mentally and emotionally prepared myself for my death or my victory. More for my death though.

Times seemed to have gone by faster while I was lost in my thoughts. Before I knew it Kirishima and Testsutestsu's match began.

Getting ready for the match, I went to a waiting room to clear my thoughts and silence.

I shakily Took a seat and rested my head on my arm. I wondered if this is how the gems feel before going to fight a villain, or to go fight a corrupted gem.

I wondered how Mom felt when she fought villains. Was she scared? Or was she nervous, or was she even excited?!

I moved my arms off the table and brought my knees up to my chest and began to hug myself. As terrifying as it is to go up against Bakugo, I was more scared of failing. I was more scared of the crowd and how they will react. What if I do something that I can't control, what if my quirk or gem powers start to go out of control?

Before I could get more and lost in my fears and self deprecating thoughts, someone opened the door.

I saw that it was Iida.

"Oh hey Iida, congrats on winning your match." I said trying to not to sound as nervous.

"Oh thanks (Y/n), but I didn't do much... I-I know that your match-"

On instinct I hugged myself tighter without realizing. Iida was quick to notice. He walked over beside me and bent down as he place a hand on my shoulder.

"Ah sorry, I can tell you're nervous." He said while looking down. Suddenly his head shot up. "You know, if anyone is capable going against Bakugo it's definitely you. You can fight not only defensively, but also on the offensive! You also have two quirks! You're incredibly smart and you're aware of your surroundings. You'll certainly be a challenge for Bakugo."

I felt my face become slightly warm at his compliments.

"Heh, thanks Iida. You sure do know how to make someone feel better." I smiled.

He quickly looked away and began to stare at a very interesting wall.

Wanting to thank him for the kind words I pulled him into a hug.

He tensed up unsure of what to do. And almost robotic like, he lifted his arms up to give a hug back, but before he could someone slammed open the door.

"(Y/N)!!! ............. and Iida?" Izuku said.

"Izu? What are you doing here? Don't you want to watch the other matches?" I said as Izuku blushed at the nickname.

"Well most ended quickly and now kirishima is up against someone from class 1-b."

"Oh... then next me..."