Alternate ending.

Sooooo,
as some of you may know I've always been undecided between two different ending for this first book. I've always thought about publishing the alternate ending, just to see what you would've thought so I've finally made up my mind and here you go x

Let me know what you would've thought if I had actually ended the first book like that. Hope you enjoy!

EPILOGUE

Annalise feels her heart rushing into her chest when she parks her car and gets out of it. She cautiously looks around her, to make sure nobody is there to watch her. They've been keeping the secret for so long, they can't ruin everything now that it's over. She quickly gets inside the chalet and closes the door behind her. When she got the call, she knew something was wrong with their plan.

"Why the hell didn't you leave already?" She screams, quickly looking around for the source of her worry.

"We have a problem!" The person she was looking for appears from the kitchen.

"Just one? No one was supposed to die, that's way more than just a problem." Annalise screams, feeling her chest burning. She throws her bag on the couch and sits down, taking her head between her hands, trying to calm down the headache that is killing her.

"That's not on me. Her death has only made everything easier, she's just some sort of collateral effect."

"An innocent person is behind bars, for this." Annalise feels overwhelmed by this whole situation, she can't even think clearly anymore.

"Yes... and poor Cielo had to send the love of her life behind bars for a crime he's never committed. When she'll realize she'll be heartbroken. They both got what they deserve!"

"You're still in time to change what you've done, Scarlett." Annalise stands up from the couch, taking her daughter's hands in hers, trying to make her think clearly. She's been trying to do that for a long time, now.

"Don't forget that you're only here because you knew about Elle. I would've never got you involved if you hadn't recognized her already." Scarlett pushes her hand away. Her eyes, as she stares at her, are cold and distant. She walks toward the couch, sitting down. "And I'll never forgive you for what you've done." She tells her that, looking in her eyes. Four months are a long time to think, especially when you're closed in a chalet on your own. She thought a lot and no matter how much time she had to herself, she's not going to forgive. "All because of that damn birth mark..." she shakes her head, thinking to herself. That's how Annalise had known until the start that Scarlett had never been the one on that table morgue; the corpse had a tiny birth mark on her wrist, one Scarlett never had. Annalise feels her heart ache, looking at the woman in front of her, the one she can't recognize anymore and maybe that's partially her fault, for all the lies she's told her and all the wrongs she's done in life.

"Why didn't you leave?" Annalise decides to ask her, letting their argument go. Scarlett sighs, standing up from the couch and walking toward her. She tries to tell her what's changed her plan, to find the right words to tell her. When a tear streams down her cheek she quickly dries it.

"I'm four months pregnant."

THE END

As you might have noticed, everything would've been very, very different.