Sick

A/N

Really hoping I don't get emotional writing this.

Itachi and Kana made their way to a restaurant in town, one that specialized in sushi. Itachi carried a bag in each hand while Kana carried a bag with her old shoes. A pouch of brand new kunai and shuriken hung from her waist, bought for her for Itachi. He promised to begin teaching her soon.

"Nii-san," Kana said, looking beside her. "What is lunch again?"

"It's a meal you eat in the middle of the day." Itachi replied.

"Oh, okay." Kana hummed, a curious look on her face.

Itachi lead them into the small restaurant and they sat down in a booth in the corner, next to a big window where they could view the streets. An old habit of Itachi's was to make sure that he had a clear view of all exits and entrances in case of an attack.

A young woman with blond hair took their orders, Itachi doing all the ordering since Kana wouldn't know how to. Kana had a frown on her face, her nose constantly twitching. Itachi peered at her in confusion. He couldn't smell anything bad, just the smell of sushi. The woman returned a short time later with four plates, each of them loaded with a different kind of sushi. The one's Itachi ordered were salmon nigiri, tuna nigiri, unagi, and shrimp nigiri. She set down the plates and bowed before walking away to serve another table.

"Try this one," Itachi said, picking up a piece of shrimp nigiri with his chopsticks.

Kana opened her mouth and stopped breathing through her nose. Maybe it would taste better if she couldn't smell it. She chewed it up with a scowl, hating the feeling of eating wood and granules of sand with a slight taste of salt which burned her tongue. She swallowed it and gagged, looking at Itachi with a slightly paler face.

"Don't like that one?" Itachi asked, picking up a piece of unagi next.

"Tastes like wood." Kana scowled.

"Try this one, maybe you'll like it better." Itachi said, bringing the piece of unagi to her mouth.

Kana wrinkled her nose at the smell but ate it anyway. It tasted slimy going down, and the texture made her shiver in disgust. She made another face and cringed, hoping that this wasn't really what she was going to be expected to have for lunch.

"What about this one?" Itachi frowned, holding out a piece of salmon nigiri with his chopsticks.

Kana tried not to gag at the smell as she began chewing it.  Similar to the unagi, it went down smoothly, like slime, and the texture was smooth and rough at the same time. She coughed after swallowing shaking her head as she looked at Itachi.

"Nii-san," She cried. "No more, I feel... bad." 

Kana sniffled as she held her stomach, not knowing the word for being sick and not knowing why she felt this way. This was all wrong! This wasn't what she was supposed to eat, was it? Kana swayed on her seat for a moment before she slumped over on the table, causing Itachi to panic. The last thing she heard was childish giggles and Itachi's worried cry.

"Kana!"

~~~~~

While the Uchiha were known for having a tight rein on their emotions at all times, the moment Kana passed out, his mask flew out the window. His face creased with worry lines and he abruptly stood up, scooping the girl and all the shopping bags into his arms. People looked to him, clearly startled by his jerkish moves. The waitress from earlier approached him with a worried look.

"Are you two alright?" She asked.

"Yes fine," Itachi lied, pulling out some money with his free hand. "Take this for our bill, keep the change."

The woman stuttered as she caught the pouch of money watching in confusion as the man simply vanished with the little girl. She looked left and right, catching no glimpse of them.

"Dammit," She mumbled. "I didn't get them to rate my service. Goodbye promotion."

~~~~~

Itachi went as fast as he could, not noticing that his henge had vanished not too long after leaving the town. The girl in his arms seemed to grow paler if that was at all possible. She was completely still in his arms, her eyes shut and face contorted in pain. Her breathing was heavy and ragged as she mumbled in her sleep, sometimes making a choking or gagging noise. Her forehead was beaded with sweat. He kicked it into high gear when he could see the outside of the base approaching. With his hands full, Itachi sent out a burst of chakra, alerting the others inside that someone was there. Hopefully, they recognized his chakra.

Sasori appeared at the entrance, his bored looking face contorting into one of panic.

"What happened to Kana?" He asked, restraining the urge to shout.

"We went out to eat lunch and after eating a few pieces of sushi she became like this." Itachi replied, attempting to also keep calm.

The two men rushed inside and into the lounge, where Konan relaxed while reading a book. Once Konan noticed them, more specifically Kana, she was by their side, taking the girl from Itachi and making her way to Kana's bare room. 

"What happened before she became like this?" Konan asked.

"We were eating sushi, she ate three pieces, all of which she didn't like, and then she became like this." Itachi replied.

"Get me two buckets, one empty and the other filled with water." Konan ordered.

Itachi and Sasori nodded before vanishing in search of buckets. Meanwhile, Konan grabbed a rag and wiped the sweat off the girl's forehead as she prepared to use the diagnostic jutsu. While she was no medic-nin, she had basic medical training.

Her hands glowed a pale green as she ran them up and down the girl's unconscious form. Kana shivered at the sudden warmth but remained unresponsive. Konan had guessed that this was an allergic reaction of some sort, but that didn't seem to be the case. The mouth and throat weren't swollen, she had no sort of rash, and there were no other indicators such as hives. The problem was her stomach, whatever she had eaten it was not able to be properly digested and was upsetting her stomach. She had to get it out of her system.

Sasori and Itachi returned, each of them with a bucket. Itachi set down the bucket of water and Sasori brought the empty one to Konan.

"You two, flip her onto her side." Konan ordered, her hands glowing again. "This will be gross."

Sasori and Itachi gently rolled her over onto her side as Konan placed the bucket near Kana's mouth.

"One of you hold the bucket," Konan ordered. "And do it exactly like I am."

Itachi held the bucket as Konan's hand glowed green again and settled over Kana's stomach.

"I advise you try not to breath through your nose." Konan cringed.

Kana gagged before vomiting, then gasping for air. She hung her head as she panted for air. Itachi put the bucket aside and sat next to her on the bed, placing a hand on her shoulder and rubbing it in circles.

"Itachi-nii..." She mumbled. "I don't want sushi for lunch."

"I figured that out," Itachi sighed. "What would you like then?"

Her head suddenly snapped up as she eyed him like prey. Itachi stumbled back and onto the floor, looking from Kana's face to her right eye, which was now completely different.

"You."

A/N

So, now they will get to know more about Kana and what she is, although she doesn't know what she's called. When she gets really hungry, someone else (some of you may know who) takes over. The Akatsuki doesn't know that it is another person though, so they call it her 'other self.' Just thought I should clear that up! VOTE COMMENT AND ENJOY!