Status Report

Kana laid awake in her room, alone. A candle flickered from beside her and she hummed to herself as she waited.

"Kana,"

Kana looked over the edge of the bed, watching as a figure rose out of the floor. Half black and half white with a venus fly trap over top.

"Zetsu, how are you?" Kana asked out of politeness.

"Fine, thanks for asking," Zetsu said in a cheery voice. "We came for a status report from you. Have you managed to convince them to join us?"

"Yes, I have." Kana nodded. "We cannot head back immediately though."

"Why?" The darker half of Zetsu growled.

"Zabuza must complete a mission first, then the three of us will head back." She replied.

"Three of you?" Black Zetsu asked. "Three?"

"Yes, the boy with Zabuza is coming as well, he has a great amount of potential and is also skilled in medicine." Kana said with a straight face.

"Will Pein-sama allow that?" Zetsu asked.

"Tell him that I can use Haku as a sparring partner," Kana said. "We can also do smaller missions. Like infiltration for example."

"Alright, we'll try to convince him." White Zetsu sighed.

"Thank you, Zetsu!" She chirped.

White Zetsu smiled, his face then lighting up.

"One last thing," He said. "Leader-sama had found another possible recruit, one he wants you to help bring in."

"Why though?" Kana asked.

"His description and predicament is eerily similar to your own." Black Zetsu said. "He escaped from Orochimaru and is now running rampant around the newly formed Land of Sound. His victims are nothing but bone when they are found and dental records must be used to identify them. Sometimes people found are missing entire limbs, like he just ripped it off and left."

"I feel like there's more to it." Kana said suspiciously.

"There is." White Zetsu replied. "He has white hair too, and witness reports say he has one red eye. His age is estimated to be more like 17 or 18 though."

"There's someone like me out there?" Kana asked, her hands trembling.

"Pein-sama will tell you more when you return." Zetsu said. "We must return now, goodbye."

"Bye." Kana replied.

Zetsu sank through the floor and Kana laid back down on her bed in disbelief.

There was someone like her out there.

Somewhere.

~~~~~

The next morning Kana was surprised to be woken up first by Haku. He greeted her with a smile, his hair neatly put up in a bun and dressed for battle.

"Morning." Kana yawned, slipping her feet over the edge of her bed.

"Morning," Haku smiled. "I have some food made if you'd like any and Zabuza-sama has something to tell us."

"Alright, I'll be out in five." Kana sighed, standing up and stretching an arm over her head.

Haku nodded and politely left the room, leaving Kana to get ready. She slipped off her night clothes and put on her regular clothes, strapping her kodachi to her lower back and tying her headband around her shoulder.