Help

Orochimaru cackled with glee, eyeing Kaneki and the Hokage without any sign of fear or worry. He pulled a scalpel from within his robes, twirling it between his knuckles with expert skill.

"Too bad your skin can't be broken with something like this," Orochimaru sighed. "But I have something that just might work..."

Kaneki narrowed his eyes, his kagune seeping out of his back to surround him protectively. Without warning, Orochimaru ran at them. His scalpel barely missed Kaneki and a red tentacle shot at him to impale him. Orochimaru contorted out of the way, leaping backwards with a cackle. The grin quickly slid off of his face though, a black rod piercing through his shoulder, making his left arm hang limply at his side.

Orochimaru turned in the direction from which the rod came, his grin falling to a frown when he saw his face.

"Pein," He growled with a forced grin. "How unpleasant."

"I can safely say the same about seeing you again." Konan scoffed from beside him, paper swirling around her to form what looked like a pair of wings.

"At least now I have a chance to finally take those eyes!" Orochimaru hissed, lunging for Pein.

"No, you don't." Kaneki said, part of his kagune heading for his legs.

"Orochimaru-sama!" One of the men keeping the barrier up exclaimed.

Orochimaru's eyes swept over all of his opponents, and biting his lip he growled in frustration. 

"Take the barrier down!" Orochimaru screamed.

The purple cube slowly began to disintegrate, Orochimaru backing away slowly. Kaneki lunged for him, ready to rip out the bastard's throat. Kabuto intercepted, coming out of nowhere with his scalpel raised. Kaneki reached out to bat the tool away, however, he felt a sharp pain in his forearm. Warm blood dripped down his arm from where the scalpel connected.

"It worked..." Kabuto gasped, staring at the scalpel in awe.

Orochimaru cackled. "So this wasn't all a loss."

Kaneki stared at his arm in dismay, focusing his attention on it so it could heal.

"Not so fast!" Konan exclaimed, rushing Orochimaru in a flurry of paper.

Snakes shot from his sleeves, blinding Konan, allowing them to make their escape. When all the venomous snakes had been killed, they were long gone.

"Shit," Kaneki hissed, cradling his arm. "That fucking hurt."

The Hokage sighed. "I'm getting too old for this, and too soft."

Pein glared at where Orochimaru once stood, turning to Konan.

"Go and see how close the others are, they should be close by now," Pein ordered. "I ordered Zetsu to give them my orders two days ago."

"Got it," Konan nodded, taking flight. "I'll meet up with you later!"

Kaneki stared at Pein in confusion. "The others?"

"Yes," Pein replied. "Itachi, Sasori, Deidara, Zetsu, Zabuza, and Kisame."

"They're all coming here?" Kaneki asked.

"I figure that this is a good chance to get into Konoha's good graces." Pein nodded.

"I appreciate the help," The Hokage sighed. "How can I repay you?"

"I don't know at the moment," Pein hummed. "I'll let you know what I want later."

"Alright," He nodded. "I owe you that much."

"By the way Kaneki," Pein said. "Welcome to the Akatsuki."