Reunion

Itachi and Kisame stood back-to-back, eyes surfing the newly flattened terrain for anyone that managed to slip away. Slowly, Kisame lowered his sword, turning to Itachi.

"I think we got them all," Kisame said. "Just in time too, I think you used your Sharingan too much."

Itachi clicked his tongue, a trail of blood running down his cheek. He shut his eyes briefly, opening them again to reveal his coal eyes.

"I'm fine." Itachi replied.

"Whatever you say," Kisame shrugged with a sigh. "But you better wipe that blood off your face before we see Kana again, you know her."

Itachi nodded, wiping the blood off of his face with his cloak.

"I counted 77!" Zabuza exclaimed triumphantly.

"Ha!" Kisame snorted. "79 in total!"

"You and your stupid competition," Sasori sighed, then chuckling. "But for the record, I had 86."

"I must've gotten 100!" Deidara exclaimed.

"No you didn't," Sasori hissed. "You blew random people up and lost count!"

Deidara huffed, crossing his arms childishly.

"I got 110." Itachi cut in.

Everyone went silent until Zabuza screamed.

"I got the least!?"

"It would seem so," Itachi smirked. "Remember to buy me those kunai later."

"Whatever," Zabuza sighed. "We should probably try to find Pein and Konan, maybe we'll run into Kana as well."

"He's right," Sasori agreed. "Let's get going."

"Right!"

~~~~~

Kana made eye contact with Temari and she flinched, most likely spotting the dried blood on her clothes. Kankuro shivered, averting his eyes as Naruto stared him down angrily. Sasuke narrowed his eyes.

"Give me one reason why we shouldn't just put an end to you two," Kana said. "I will do it."

"We'll go straight home!" Temari exclaimed.

"Right!" Kankuro agreed. "Straight home! No detours!"

"It would save us some trouble if we let them go." Shikamaru shrugged.

"Yeah," Kana sighed. "I was going to let them go anyway."

"Any objections?" Azumi asked.

"Nope."

"No."

"I'm good with it."

Hidan and Kakazu both shrugged, giving Gaara a glance. They knew he had a tailed beast, they saw him fight, Pein knew it too, but he gave them no orders to capture him.

"Go on," Kakazu grumbled. "Before I change my mind."

Temari and Kankuro nodded, picking Gaara up by his arms and sprinting away.

"Let's go." Kakazu huffed.

"Right!"

~~~~~

Hidan and Kakazu lead the genin back into Konoha, keeping their guard up for any enemy shinobi. Kana and Naruto were lookouts on the trip back, and luckily they were not attacked. But as they got closer to the village, Shikamaru pointed out the bodies scattered everywhere, some of which being mutilated or having strange wounds.