Chapter 14: Outrageous Meddlers (1)

Her honest big brother was not good with words. Not to mention that the one he had to face was his own uncle. He dared not go against him. If her big brother could not stand up to their second uncle, then her second brother was in an even more disadvantageous position to do so! If someone were to accuse him of being 'disrespectful towards his elders and did not conduct himself properly,' he would not be able to stay in the academy. Sang Wan felt that if that did happen, then the one who had accused her second brother would definitely be none other than her second uncle.

As for Sang Wan herself who was married into another family, she was in no position to go against her uncle and was rightfully supposed to endure.

Fortunately, her sister-in-law was part of the family. Her sister-in-law was a bold and upright woman who was extremely outspoken. Though she could not openly go against their second uncle and second aunt, she would discreetly cause them to regret their actions and push them to a state of being at a loss for words! With her in the family, their second uncle and second aunt could go around gossiping about the Sang family but would not dare cross the line.

The Shi family had abided with the arranged marriage and married Sang Wan into their family. Instantly, her second uncle and second aunt completely flipped their treatment to the Sang family!

"How could I?" Sang Wan smiled. "In the past, I dared not trouble Second Uncle Sang and Second Aunt Li. At this time, even more so; I dare not trouble my two elders!"

"How could my niece still see us as an outsider? What trouble? We're a family, aren't we? Your second uncle has never felt troubled before. Come, come!" Sang Pingliang's raised his thick brows as he spoke with a straight face.

"Yes, that's right! Your second aunt also has a lot of things to talk to you about! Your mother left early; how could I, as your aunt, not worry for you! When you were young, I doted on you as if you were my own daughter. Well, the only difference was that you were not in my womb for those ten months!" Li Shi's face displayed the affection that a mother would have towards her daughter.

But Sang Wan was almost at her limit. How dare they say those things as if they were true!

Even Sang Quan could listen no further. He made a face at Li Shi before hiding behind Sang Wan and shouting, "Second Grand Aunt never doted on my aunt. Hmph! She even called her a jinx! The women in the village said that the word 'jinx' is an offensive word!"

"You little devil, what nonsense are you spouting?" Red with anger, Li Shi glared at Sang Quan.

"Disrespectful! Is this how you talk to your second grand aunt? Who taught you that? Ah Hong, you've got to be stricter with your kids for them to become successful in life!" Sang Pingliang glared.

Nanny Xu hurriedly called, "Young Master and Young Miss," before leaning towards the two and gently telling them off. Sang Hong frowned but quickly forced a smile and responded with a 'yes'.

Sang Wan felt both frustrated and angry, but quickly relaxed. Gesturing towards Sang Pingling and Li Shi, she persuaded, "Second Uncle Sang and Second Aunt Li, please return first. Your niece shall pay a visit to your house later on. But as for today, I'd like to be at where my sister-in-law is and at the same time greet my parents' memorial tablet. I hope Second Uncle Sang and Second Aunt Li can understand where I'm coming from!"

With that, she turned to Liu Ya and instructed, "You're not a guest this time around, quickly invite the two maidservants inside! Zhan Huan, carry the things in and have the carriages parked nicely!"

"Yes, Ma'am!" Liu Ya had been waiting for Sang Wan's instructions anxiously. Upon hearing her orders, she agreed crisply and smiled before inviting Li Yan and Song He into the house. Occasionally, she secretly glanced over at Li Shi.