Chapter 36: The Second Old Master's State of Mind

He had never involved himself with the business and never had any complaints with the share of silvers he had every year. Of course, as the Shi's business was extremely large and the income was tremendous, the silvers given to him every year were bountiful.

If his uncle wishes to get another concubine, there were so many women under the sun; so why had he come to the idea of hitting on his own wife's personal servant?

"Not just him. You are also absurd." Shi Fengju directed it at Sang Wan. If she was not, how could she come up with such a terrible idea?

Before heading over to the study room, Sang Wan had already given much thoughts to the idea and insisted with her gaze locking directly at Shi Fengju, "Sir, Liu Ya is my servant and I'll be taking her away when I leave the Shi family. I've only got one capable servant by my side, so please Sir, accede to my request! Moreover, even she does not wish to be by Second Uncle's side!"

Shi Fengju became tongue-tied all of a sudden. It was true that they had an agreement; Liu Ya belonged to her, and when she leaves in the future, she would no doubt bring Liu Ya with her.

"The matter between us, Liu Ya——"

Sang Wan shook her head, "Be at eased Sir, she does not know. Be at eased Sir for all we'll be doing is just an act. When we leave for a faraway place, this matter will no doubt gradually subside! Sir, please help!"

Shi Fengju gave a long and deep sigh; he himself was absurd! To think that he would actually agree to such an absurd idea!

All of a sudden, Shi Fengju felt that there was a side to his wife which he did not know; apart from the gentle side he knew.

But at this moment, Shi Fengju did not have the heart to think as Sang Wan had already called for Liu Ya to enter before instructing her to stay. Once done, she left, leaving two pairs of eyes staring at each other.

Seeing Liu Ya standing at a spot indifferently with no sense of uneasiness, Shi Fengju suddenly felt that he himself truly was——

He could not find any words to describe it! All he could do was mock himself in discretion: This lass truly is down to earth! It was all nothing but just an act, and as it was just an act, she did not look embarrassed!

"Just sit at a side!" Shi Fengju waved his hand.

"Yes, Sir!" Liu Ya immediately answered and went to sit at a side.

A night went by without words. On the next day when Liu Ya came out from Shi Fengju's study room, news began to spread as if it had legs and almost everyone in the household knew.

Gu Fangzi's face was extremely ashen. A cold glare shot from behind at Sang Wan and only then did Sang Wan recall that there was this person. But it was the same regardless she recalled or not, it was Shi Fengju's problem! Sang Wan thought harshly.

This incident was not considered a big thing. Other than some concerns voiced out from certain parties, the rest had shown little to no interest. The young master accepting his wife's maidservant, in fact, should not even be considered as a problem and even Wang Shi was not bothered to question her son.

A righteous daughter-in-law, and an admirable son; as a mother, why would she even be unhappy?

Hearing of the news, Second Mistress was secretly happy. Her husband's behavior of pulling people into the house, she would of course unhappy. However, because it was her marrying to him and not the other way around, she dared not voice her opinion on that matter. But not only did she not dare to voice her opinion, she still had to occasionally attend to her husband's needs; and because of that, she felt extremely sullen.