Chapter 41: Would You Listen? Even If It Were A Little Overboard

"Sang Wan understands that Mother did it out of goodwill, so why would Sang Wan be angry towards Mother?" Sang Wan secretly heaved a sigh a relief.

Gu Fangzi rolled her eyes secretly at Nanny Li but went on adding into the conversation with a smile, "Now, in fact, I should be punished! I should have thought twice before coming up with such an outrageous idea. I mean, your older brother and sister-in-law aren't the kind of people who would come up to us and seek for money, so how could I have done that? My good intention turned into a wrongdoing! Cousin-in-law, Fangzi seeks your forgiveness, so please don't blame my aunt ah!"

Sang Wan tightly clutched her hands and discreetly let her steam out in two breaths to maintain an indifferent smile as she spoke. Seeing that Sang Wan was not being oversensitive, only then did Wang Shi set her heart at rest.

"Oh yes, Shi Fengju will be escorting some goods over to the capital after the Double Fifth Festival. These few days, help him prepare his luggage, will you? Nothing compares to the comfort at home, so everything necessary must be packed into his luggage before his trip!" Wang Shi spoke.

Sang Wan was unsure whether she herself was glad to be given the task or that because she was given an opportunity to anger Gu Fangzi, but she felt somewhat happy after hearing Wang Shi leaving the task to her. She stood up and gave a tender sweet smile of virtuousness, "Rest assured, Mother. Sang Wan shall personally prepare Sir's luggage so that he'll even feel the comfort of home even when he's out on his trip!"

"Yes ah, Miss, you can most definitely put your heart at rest! Ma'am is extremely considerate and careful! She has the young master's needs taken care of very well! Leaving it to her is the right choice!" At a side, Nanny Li smiled and spoke. Deep inside, she was secretly elated.

Seeing the two, master and servant, singing in collaboration, Gu Fangzi's face eventually went red with anger. "Just you wait!" Nibbling her lips slightly, her heart cursed softly as she coldly watched Wang Shi smile while giving them a nod.

In the Sihe Village, the people in the Sang household were very busy preparing the gift to bring along when visiting the Shi household.

Fang Shi even specially went out to the village's tailor shop to have a new set of clothes made for her family. Even though the fabrics gifted by Sang Wan during the homecoming were excellent, but wearing clothes made from the fabrics gifted by the Shi family during the visit would bring embarrassment to Sang Wan if they were able to identify that the gifted fabrics were used to make the clothes, wouldn't it?

Also, she bought a few flat-sided silver loop hairpins which were simple and generous, clean and neat. Clearly, it showed the side of a literary family.

Sang Quan and Sang Nuan were excited after hearing that they were going to visit their aunt in Qingzhou and had already been counting down to that very day with their little fingers. They did not know what her aunt's house looked like but were excited to visit Qingzhou as it was a huge place to them.

On the fourth day of the fifth month, Li Shi, who had tailed Sang Hong's family and stopped, once again reappeared in front of the Sang family's doorstep. The moment she stepped inside, her eyes circled around the house before asking with a broad smile, "My dearest daughter-in-law, tomorrow's the Double Fifth Festival. How are the preparations of the gifts for our Young Sir and Young Ma'am going?"

Out of all the time in the world, Li Shi had to choose such a time to come. Fang Shi was well aware Fang Shi was well aware what she was here for, and her lips curved a little upwards. However, before she was able to respond, Li Shi had already snatched the chance. With a loud laugh, she spoke, "Hehe, Second Aunt was worried for nothing. It seems my oldest niece-in-law is very capable and has already long prepared them! Ai, we're no longer young and capable or we would have helped you with the preparations too!"