chapter 101

Hearing that the two were going to make their way to the lake, Cui Ling couldn’t contain her excitement, and she exclaimed as her eyes glistened brightly, “Sir, Sir, why don’t I prepare a rod, and we can go prawning! The lake has lots of prawns, so I’m sure we can catch a lot!”

“That’s a good idea! Then we can have them for dinner, too.” Shi Fengju smiled.

Cui Ling nodded excitedly before running off enthusiastically to prepare the rod.

Not too long after, the few arrived at the bank of Linghu Lake. Sang Wan gazed afar at the lake which was about 0.3 hectares wide. The gentle waves rolled playfully across the surface, sparkling under the light. Occasionally, a white waterfowl would sweep low across the surface. Broken branches were scattered along the banks nearby, giving a conceivable view when the lotus flowers bloomed in the summer.

Shi Fengju smiled and said, “Originally, this wasn’t a lake but a sloppy piece of land that would accumulate water every summer. It would not usually drain after half a month, so I had people dig it into a lake and draw water from a nearby water source, then dig a drainage at the northeast corner of the lake for it to become what it is today! I did not expect that rearing crabs, along with planting lotus and water chestnuts, would result in such a scenery!”

“Then it’s all thanks to Sir’s efforts!” Sang Wan smiled. Deep down, she thought to herself, More importantly, it’s because you have the money ah! With riches, you can change anything!

Shi Fengju laughed and revealed, “In fact, I like the way it has become!”

“Sir, Ma’am, come quickly!” Cui Ling had already raced forward and jumped onto the boat. She was waving back at Sang Wan and Shi Fengju.

“Little Cui, be careful!” Shi Fengju raised his voice and laughed as he pulled Sang Wan along.

“No worries, I’m not afraid! I just have to take a bath if I fall into the water!” Cui Ling giggled.

Shi Fengju and Cui Ling carefully helped Sang Wan onto the boat and to a seat before Cui Ling smiled, “Ma’am, hold on tight. We’ll be going off to harvest some water chestnuts!”

“Do you know how to ah? Be careful!” Sang Wan’s heart pounded heavily as she watched the little lass, who was standing, sway at the bow of the boat.

“Ma’am, don’t worry, I’ll be fine!” Cui Ling swayed, and a brilliant smile showed on her face.

Shi Fengju sat next to Sang Wan and chuckled, “That lass is like a wild animal, so there’s no need to worry too much. She can take care of herself! How does it feel? Are you feeling used to the boat? Do you feel dizzy?”

Sang Wan actually did feel a little scared because this was her first time on a boat. After the boat had left the familiar bank, how could she not feel somewhat uneasy when her surrounding was now all water and she was floating over it? Her body slightly stiffened, and she clutched the side of the boat tightly, but she shook her head and smiled to say, “I’m fine, this feels so relaxing. It’s good!”

Shi Fengju then instructed Cui Ling to row a little more slowly before smiling at Sang Wan. He comforted, “Don’t be afraid, I’m here!”