Chapter 29: Super Nanny

Shi Fengju was finally able to fill his stomach comfortably. After returning from a quick shower, the magenta-colored bed curtain was already tightly enclosed around the bed which showed that Sang Wan should be sound asleep by now.

With no one else in the chamber, Shi Fengju let his courage grow and he wilfully gazed at the bed curtain that would sway once in a while. Unknowingly, his thoughts began to wander and he wondered what the person's posture would be like as she slept behind the bed curtain. His heart became a little aroused and was tempted to push away the bed curtain to have a full view. He hesitated for a while, but eventually, he was not daring enough to do so. Quietly laughing at himself foolishly, he shook his head and swiftly took out a mattress from the cupboard.

Unbeknown to him, during the time he was staring at the bed curtain, the person inside was quietly monitoring him. She gently leaned her head away from the bed curtain and the edge of her lips hooked slightly upwards.

No more than two days later, Nanny Li's body had finally recovered and she returned to

Ning Garden

.

Sang Wan greeted her wholeheartedly and welcomed her in with a smile before instructing Hong Ye personally to bring along a few other servants to reorganize the nanny's room, change the mattress and bed curtain, and arrange the pieces of furniture. She even went to the extent of adding a few decorations into the room; the edge of the window sat a healthy spider plant potted in a decorated porcelain pot to breathe some fresh green into the room. From a look, the interior was exceptionally spirited.

Seeing so, Nanny Li became happier and thanked Sang Wan with words. In return, Sang Wan would, of course, respond modestly with a smile. The relationship between the two gradually became closer.

Who would have thought that Gu Fangzi would send someone to gather information regarding the situation between the two? Deep down, her heart suddenly felt somewhat uncomfortable and annoyed at Nanny Li at the same time.

Earlier when Nanny Li was still recuperating at home, Gu Fangzi brought up the topic regarding Nanny Li to Sang Wan; either intentionally or unintentionally. In her speech revealed how Nanny Li fought over others to obtain the opportunity to take care of Shi Fengju, likes to take advantage of her own seniority, and makes harsh criticisms of others. And because of that, the servants from Ning Garden had to listen to her every word and seek her consent for everything they do which made her seemed like a noblewoman. What was worse would be how she liked to go about blabbering nonsense and complaining to Shi Fengju! All in all, an old lady that was difficult to handle!

She even said to Sang Wan, "It is considered reasonable that Nanny Li should have left long ago to take care of her aging self, but she said so herself before Big Cousin's wedding that he does not know how to take care of himself and that the servants would become unruly if she were to leave. As such, Big Cousin let her stay without a choice. But now, since Cousin-in-law Sang Wan had already married into the family, Big Cousin should be personally taken care of by you! If I may add, I think you should head to Aunt Wang early and have her request Nanny Li to return and take care of her own old body! Otherwise, she'll stick her head into every matter in Ning Garden! That old lady has many rules and is extremely naggy; won't that cause you to be in a bind? Regardless whether one complies with her or not, she'll definitely still behave very harshly; so it'd be best to send her off early! If you think about it, it'll be more of a blessing if she stays at her home. I mean, she won't even be lacking in any way; she'll still be eating her three meals with servants serving her! Have a talk with her. I'm sure she'll understand where you're coming from!"

Sang Wan did not have much interaction with Nanny Li in her past life and thus, did not have much understanding of that old lady. However, after being reborn, she was absolutely sure of one fact, and that was: Anything that comes out from Gu Fangzi's mouth, must be heard and acted from an opposite perspective for that had proved to be effective!