51

Lass, arent you going to see your father off? Gu Jin received the banknote from Nanny Jiang and nodded gleefully before shooting a grin at Gu Fangzi.

Go! Send him out of this place. Wang Shi waved her tired hand.

Gu Fangzi softly accepted and glare at Gu Jing grudgingly before leading him out.

Right at the households gate, Gu Jing again begged for the few broken pieces of silver which Gu Fangzi took out from before, claiming that he had not eaten lunch and had no money to hire a carriage home. When Gu Fangzi was not paying him much attention, he pulled down the gold hairpin on her head and forcefully pulled off the jade bracelet from her wrist. The Shi family is rich, just have Shi Fengju that lad buy a new one for you!

Gu Fangzis whole body trembled angrily but she held that anger in as she watched him swagger home whistling a small tune.

Fortunately, she was foresighted after having seen him pawn all the good ornaments.

What should we do! This matter cannot be delayed any further! Wang Shi frowned and sighed.

It was not that Gu Jing had never come to create a ruckus to obtain gifts of money, but the conversation this time around was the first ever. Truly, was it him who came up with it, or did someone else directing him. But generally speaking, his appetite had gotten bigger than before.

In the past, a few dozens of silvers, or a hundred silvers and he would leave. But this time, he was given five hundred silvers, and in the future, he might even want more.

If he was not given the amount which satisfies him, he would take Gu Fangzi away. If that happens, even she would not be able to stop him! After all, they are father and daughter ah! It would be his win even when he claims it to the government officials! However, she could not just let it be and watch Fangzi being brought home to suffer ah!

This is not an easy matter to handle. In any case, Miss Gu and the young master is a matter thatll soon happen, admitting her to the family and all will be solved! As the saying goes, a married daughter is just like water that has been poured. When that time comes, his ruckus will have a limit!

Nann Li saw through Wang Shis heart and spoke with a smile.

But, Wang Shi spoke with difficulty, My new daughter-in-law came not more than two months ago! Sang Wan is a good child, really, I really am fond of her and wish not to hurt her. Also, theres the Sang family. Theyre a literary family, theres no way they would let us do as we please. My son really made a mess this time around!

Wang Shi snorted and directed all her anger to Shi Fengju. If he had not been dissatisfied with the engagement with the Sang family and dragged the marriage all the way until this year, Sang Wan would be able to enter early, which means Fangzi would be able to enter soon after, right? Then there would be no such thing as todays matter!

From laonus perspective, for this matter ah, the key lies in Maams hand. Nanny Jiang smiled. Seeing Wang Shi listening attentively, she went on, If Maams the one to suggest to let young master have a concubine, then that would be Maams virtuousness. No one else, not even the Sang family, can say anything to it!

Look at what you just said, you think Sang Wan would do it? Wang Shi laughed and rolled her eyes at Nanny Jiang, Well, unless shes foolish enough!

Keke, Nanny Jiang just continued, The daughter-in-law cannot not listen to her mother-in-law! Hasnt that always been the case!

Wang Shis face stiffened and she hesitated for a moment. It was true tha if she were to direct from behind the scenes, Sang Wan would have no way of objecting.