Chapter 21: A Demonstration Test

"Cousin-in-law Sang Wan won't put the fault on me, right? In fact, there isn't any other reason behind Big Cousin and Aunt Wang's actions. It's just that I've always helped Aunt Wang manage the household, so I may be more accustomed to the way of handling the management in the direction that aunt desires. Of course, aside from reporting back to Aunt Wang in the future, I'll also let Cousin-in-law Sang Wan know, so as to gather a decision that may be of a different perspective! Still, whatever I do, I would never dare cross the line where Cousin-in-law Sang Wan stands and would never dare to disrespect!" Gu Fangzi smiled with a touch of pride in it. It made the pupils of her eyes glisten, making them look exceptionally charming.

"Why would I blame Cousin-in-law Fangzi? Cousin-in-law Fangzi looks too much upon me as an outsider." Sang Wan politely returned with a smile. "Mother-in-law and Sir are both comprehensive with their thoughts, and thus their actions are for the good of the household! So long as the household remains in harmony, that will be the greatest blessing for all of us! As such, how could I not be understanding of their actions? Still, Sir has already discussed this with me before. I'm nothing but a figurehead anyway, so for that, it is all up to you! And regarding the management, just do what you deem fit; there's no need for my approval!"

While Sang Wan spoke, Gu Fangzi stared at her face without blinking. Her luminous gaze seemed to see through Sang Wan's five senses to dig out her intentions. But Sang Wan was calm. Her brows did not waver, her tone was gentle, and her lips were curled to show a sweet smile. There was absolutely no trace of annoyance, let alone unwillingness and anger.

For a moment, Gu Fangzi felt as if her approach had been successful, but soon felt dullness in her heart.

Unwilling to let be, she smiled before adding carefully, "Does Cousin-in-law Sang Wan truly not mind? After all, you're Big Cousin's wife and the Ma'am of this household! I, I am in the end nothing but an outsider, so the management should naturally be managed by Cousin-in-law Sang Wan!"

Liu Ya, who had been tasked to serve by Sang Wan's side, immediately rolled her eyes. Clearly, Miss Gu understood the situation which she was in! If so, why did she even attempt something so unreasonable? But since it had already been done, then so be it, why come over to voice her grievances? If Madam Fang were here, she would definitely have given her a scolding with something like "What a pretentious person you are, pretending to be mistreated after gaining a favor!"

But this time around, Sang Wan could not help but feel a slight trace of annoyance deep within her heart. How could this person not know when to stop? Surely, she had made things clear, that all she wanted was harmony within the household! So what else does this person want her to do?

"Of course!" Sang Wan quickly reflected before answering. Was her performance not sincere enough to make others feel at ease? As such, not only was she unprovoked by Gu Fangzi's words, she even made the effort to show a little more sincerity. "Those words truly were from the bottom of my heart. Whatever it may be, Cousin-in-law Fangzi, just do whatever you need to do with a peace of mind! There is no need for any misgivings! In any case, if you're over-sensitive about this, I may end up feeling apologetic towards you!"

Gu Fangzi sneered discreetly. That act, you may as well continue with that act! And if that was an act, then those who blindly accept truly are the fools!

"That I shall!" Gu Fangzi laughed. "Sure enough, no wonder Aunt Wang praises Cousin-in-law Sang Wan for having such a good temperament and being virtuous! In the future, Cousin-in-law Sang Wan just has to relax and live a comfortable life here. This complicated trivia, I dare not let my cousin-in-law worry about them! Cousin-in-law Sang Wan truly is blessed!" Gu Fangzi giggled and smiled tenderly, but a sense of envy could be felt amidst the laughter.