Chapter 44: Door to Humiliation

She really was a good woman, in fact, it was not just her appearance.

"The way you're dressed up, you look really good." Shi Fengju smiled and complimented.

Sang Wan slightly looked up to see his expression on his face, no doubt it was like a light breeze under the clear moon, and her heart became somewhat disappointed. She wasn't even a flower vase or a drawing! She thought quietly to herself.

But the way he was looking at her made her feel that way.

"Is that so?" Sang Wan spoke plainly.

"You, don't get angry because of it; I didn't have any other meanings behind that! I'm truly speaking from the bottom of my heart," Shi Fengju sensed that she was slightly unhappy and felt that it was because of his abruptness and quickly added, "Yes yes, it was a praise, a praise!"

A wave of malice swept over Sang Wan and she spoke to him angrily, "More than your cousin?"

Shi Fengju was suddenly taken aback and was slightly confused as to what she meant.

Sang Wan immediately felt regretful for those words as they sounded much like jealousy and laughed to break the atmosphere, "I think my older brother and sister-in-law should be arriving anytime soon. Sorry to trouble Sir to have the need to entertain them on their arrival!"

"There's no need to say that, we're a family!" Shi Fengju cited all of a sudden. Family? Shi Fengju was surprised by his own choice of words. Thinking that in a year or so, a family would soon become strangers, his heart felt somewhat strange.

Looking up at Sang Wan, he saw that her head accessory near a side of her temple was slightly tilted and he moved closer to her before reaching his hand out.

"You——what are you doing?" Sang Wan's body stiffened. She should have avoided his hand and shun to a side, however, she herself was not sure why she did not but instead remained seated without making any movements; maybe just her lower jaw moving a little.

"Your head ornament is a little slanted." Shi Fengju said while gently helping her raise it a little.

The two were very close; so close that they could feel each other's breathing. Their breathing went by turns as if they could hear each other's heart beating.

The faint fragrance gradually traveled into Shi Fengju's nose and he became lost in thought. His eyes drooped a little to look at the slightly spread lips that were cute. It was radiating a soft glow of attractiveness which replayed the scene of the surprisingly good kiss during that accident. Shi Fengju could not help but force a lump down his throat.

Suddenly, his mind thought of Gu Fangzi which took him by surprise and he quickly backed away to his seat. Giving a light cough, he got up and smiled, "I——I'll go and check if they're here!" With that, left hurriedly.

Just what was wrong with him!

Sang Wan might have sensed it herself as her eyes suddenly dimmed a little. She could not help but raised her hands to feel her cheeks which were burning hot.

REPORT AD

In a rush for time, Sang Hong and his family arrived at Qingzhou City in a carriage a little past afternoon.

Looking out from the carriage, there were shops everywhere with shouts to promote their goods and the city was bustling with people as they squeezed their way forward.

"Qingzhou truly is a huge city. What a lively place this is!" Fang Shi could not help but lament before letting her two children gaze out from the carriage window.