chapter 95

Shi Yumei then sighed, “Oh please! You’re his better half. Our Shi family’s business will have to rely on the both of you to manage it in the future!”

Gu Fangzi’s eyes glistened. That’s right! A married woman can only venture about within the household. How vast the outside is, what does a frog in a well know? Can I even be of help to Big Cousin when it comes to handling business?

Once her mourning period was over, she could immediately join hands with Big Cousin to manage the Shi business. That was better than handling the trivial affairs within the household! When that time came, Big Cousin would eventually know marrying whom would be the best for him!

Just so long as she grabbed onto Big Cousin tightly, what could that Sang Wan do regardless how capable she was? And who cared about a concubine replacing a wife?

“Cousin Yumei is right, but Fangzi isn’t worthy of such words ah! Cousin Yumei, you jest!” Gu Fangzi’s expression loosened a little and she smiled modestly.

“If not you, then who else is worthy of such words!” Shi Yumei smiled before sighing again, “It sure is unfortunate that you’re facing such circumstances the moment I got home! Otherwise, we could have so much fun together! Tomorrow, we’ll be eating crabs at Qiufang Pavilion. It’s a pity you can’t go!”

Gu Fangzi’s heart was instantly pierced by such straightforwardness, but she quickly sighed, “That isn’t true. The heavens have their own way of doing things, but who knew it would end up as such!”

“ I know right? This ah, is what people call as good things happening during one’s suffering!” Shi Yumei gently patted Gu Fangzi’s hand before consoling her, “Half a year will pass very quickly! When that day comes, everything will definitely be better!”

Gu Fangzi nodded gratefully and asked conveniently, “This season is the best to have crabs. Was it Big Cousin’s idea to hold this treat?”

“Nope,” Shi Yumei said, “It’s that Sang lass!” And then, she sighed again, “But I had to initiate it, else she wouldn’t have arranged it! But at least she still has some conscience by treating us to some crabs! Today, I saw the crabs that were delivered here from the country house. They were as large as a bowl, and maybe around 0.3kg!” She then moved on to say how unfortunate it was that she wouldn’t be able to join them.

Gu Fangzi’s expression had seemed to change a few times before she smiled and asked, “Then she sure has some conscience! Ah yes, Cousin Yumei, how do you know it was sent from a country house? Our family’s country house?”

“Yes ah! I saw it myself and heard it myself, so how can I be wrong? Oh, she also knows how to use an abacus!” Shi Yumei recalled, “Doing them a favor after taking the crabs! Yesterday, you should’ve seen how happy my mother was when she brought it up! My mother praised her for being very filial!”

Gu Fangzi’s heart sank, but she forced a smile, “You shouldn’t say it like that. It was she who did all the arrangements after all! And there’s a bill when the country houses send things over. Otherwise, how can the country houses even earn their living!”

Shi Yumei smiled after hearing her so. “So you understand! And you’re even helping her speak!”