63

"I don't mind, it doesn't matter, it really doesn't matter!" Sang Rou anxiously spoke, "Then how about, you just say that I'm a lass whom you bought, and we keep our relationship a secret? Good sister, let's just go with that, help me out! Please? My good sister!"

Sang Wan could not help but secretly felt angry. Deep down, she sneered: Keep our relationship hidden? Is that possible with Sang Rou's personality? She may be saying that now, but deep down she would definitely want to tell someone about it! And when things become exposed, she would definitely push it aside and act as if she did not know!

"That won't be possible!" Sang Wan scorned lightly. With a firmer expression, she spoke coldly, "If word got out, what next? Surely others would say I, Sang Wan, is ruthless to even turn my sister into an insult! That reputation is not something I can afford to carry! Cousin, let's stop with this!"

Sang Rou became disappointed, but without giving up, she laughed, "Yes, yes, I was the one who didn't think properly, I hadn't thought properly! Sister Wan, please don't be angry! Then how about the Shi family's business? Their business is very large, right? Maybe you could introduce me to one of their business that needs a female worker. I promise to work with integrity and never mention our relationship!" As she spoke, she pleaded painstakingly, "My good sister, I just wish to use my own capabilities to earn myself a bowl of rice! Really! I'll never bring shame to you!"

Still not finished! Sang Wan was slowly becoming impatient and she just pushed it aside, "I don't understand the side for business, and I also don't know what job will be suitable for Cousin! What's more, will Second Uncle and Second Aunt agree to it? After all, they are your parents!"

In an instant, that thoroughly broke Sang Rou's hopeful heart! She was right, so long as her Father and that "Mother" was around, she would never succeed no matter what she did!

Her father only had money in his eyes, leading him to think about the money might fool him into agreeing, but that "Mother" of hers, she knew there was no way of fooling her!

"Damned lass, where did you die to! Roll back home and start cooking! There's still a lot more chores waiting to be done, and there you go slacking off! Are you waiting for your mother to serve you from behind! Running off when I'm not paying you any attention, you in the heat or what ah!"

Li Shi's words were coarse as she scolded from the courtyard. Her anger could be felt as her heavy stomps sounded from outside.

Is that something an elder should say? Sang Wan secretly felt angry for Sang Rou and looked at her. However, all she saw was Sang Rou standing up in fear and trepidation with a face full of anxiety.

The anger than Sang Wan felt for her instantly vanished. It could not be helped for even though she was sympathetic with her sufferings, she was largely more infuriated at her indifference!

Fang Shi was slow to react, and Li Shi had already rushed in. She grabbed Sang Rou's ear and scolded for a moment, only to realize Sang Wan was also present which startled her. After making certain that it really was Sang Wan, she pushed Sang Rou aside before smiling towards Sang Wan, "Oh, Sang Wan, you're back! I'm not dreaming, right?" She rolled her eyes at Fang Shi who appeared at her and smiled coldly, "Why didn't you come and visit your Second Uncle and Second Aunt since you're back? Have you soared too high up a branch that you now look down on your elders!"

Sang Rou hurriedly tried to force herself to gain some favors, "I came in just to invite Sister Wan over to our house!"

Sang Wan could only smile, "That's not it! Second Aunt, I was just about to head over!"

Li Shi grunted and glared at Sang Rou with eyes that showed that the favor was all for naught before grinning at Sang Wan, "Keke, I knew our Sang Wan is the most filial and respectful towards the elders! If not for someone stopping you, you would already be there by now!"