62

Fang Shi rolled her eyes at him, "Now you're being foolish again! How can the woman side of the family withdraw from a marriage!" Especially for a family like the Shi family and Shi Fengju's appearance, if they were to refuse the wedding, who else would dare to marry her? Surely the others would be thinking that there must be a reason or some flaw which she could not tell others, otherwise, why would she refuse such a good marriage? To tell the public that they were fearful of the cousin-in-law who was going to become a concubine would not be a reason they wished to hear! Which Young Master of a large household does not have more than one wife?

Fang Shi glared at her husband, but she was also dissatisfied with Sang Wan, "Even so, there's no need for you to be the one to take the step back! Can't she enter the family one or two years later? Must it really be so rushed? You, are you trying to throw away your own face!"

Sang Wan smiled bitterly and sighed, "Sister-in-law, no matter how foolish I am, I would not be so foolish as to do so! Even if I were to lose my face, I wouldn't let my Sang family lose its face ah! But my mother-in-law"

Fang Shi and Sang Hong looked at each other. They were clear as to what Sang Wan meant.

"Outrageous!" Fang Shi grind her teeth, "That mother-in-law of yours may seem like she treats you well, but who knew she had such a bad heart! Ai, was she just acting because we were present then!"

Sang Wan shook her head and spoke gently, "My mother-in-law is a good person, but she's too naive. What's more, Gu Fangzi's isn't young anymore, so"

"But there isn't a need for it to be in such a hurry!" Fang Shi sneered, "Whatever the reason, I'll not buy it!"

"Sister-in-law!" Sang Wan squeezed Fang Shi's arm tightly and spoke with gratitude, "I know sister-in-law is thinking for the best of me, I, I wish I could dig out my heart and show how grateful I am to sister-in-law! But I, I"

Sang Wan was anxious, in pain, and in a state of panic. She was afraid that because of this incident, Fang Shi would become annoyed and ignore her and she could not help but cry.

Seeing the way she was now, Fang Shi's heart felt unbearably tight, yet tender and sour. She patted Sang Wan's back gently and soothed, "Enough, enough, let's not cry anymore ah! To cry for something like this isn't worth! As your sister-in-law, I shouldn't have said what I said, you've your own troubles too! Since the matter has reached this point, then let it be! When she marries into the family, then you can use your authority as a wife to punish her!"

Sang Hong could not help but intervene, "I think that Fengju's personality is quite good, and I'm sure your mother-in-law's isn't playing an act. After all, Gu Fangzi is blood-related to them, so Sang Wan, you've to also take into account their feelings or things wouldn't end up in your favor."

"What are you rambling on about!" Fang Shi spoke with distaste, "Other's are already bullying us to such a state and you're still playing sides, and telling Sang Wan to endure! If it's me, I wouldn't even leave them with any face!"

Sang Hong frowned and spoke, "What do you know! Sang Wan will be living there, if you were to create a ruckus, how will she be able to continue on living there!" With that said, he sighed, "Big brother doesn't hope for anything else but for your Second brother to be able to pass the provincial civil service examination and then the highest imperial civil service examination. When that time comes, not just Gu Fangzi, but even the Shi family will not dare to treat us anyhow!"

Fang Shi stopped her mouth at that moment and nodded before opening it again, "Now that's more like it! If he were to become an official, then no one will dare to look down on us Sang family!"

Sang Wan felt an indescribable sense of warmth and gratitude, and she spoke with thanks, "Big brother, sister-in-law, thank you! For the days after this, I'll live to my fullest. What I can do, my heart knows the line that I cannot step pass! So long as the day continues when I stay in the Shi family, I'll definitely not let the Sang family lose face!"