Raising cain

(Budum chesh)

Cain pov

Cain had been in his room doing some reading to pass the time until his lights went out.

That had been about an hour ago, he had left the room due to he wanted to see if everyone was ok. He was heartbroken when he saw the dead bodies of the scientist he had actually grown fond of.

He walked down the hallway looking for more survivors all he found was death.

He was beginning to feel downhearted until he heard familiar voices.

Nurse: what do you mean you didn't see them!!?!??!

Doctor: I was focused on 053 I thought you were watching y/n

Nurse: but I wasn't!!! We have to find them!!!

Cain walked around a corner and leaned against the wall looking at them arguing. They didn't notice him.

Cain: can I help?

Both of the birbs turned to him as did the little girl.

Nurse: Cain!!! Thank 343!!

Cain: what seems to be the issue?

Nurse: well....we had another young child with us but they must have gotten scared and ran the wrong direction.

Cain: what do they look like?

The nurse described y/n in as much detail as she could.

Cain: I'm on it

Y/n pov

Y/n and the woman stared at each other for a very awkward while as they both sat on opposite sides of the hallway facing each other.

???: who are you?

Y/n: I-I'm y/n

The woman didn't say anything more for a little while as they both looked at each other.

???: are you human?

Y/n: I think so, but the doctor said I might be different

???: what doctor?

Y/n: the one with the bird mask.

The woman looked like she was thinking.

She opened her mouth to say something when they both heard footsteps coming down the hallway.

They both turned to see the doctor, the nurse, 053 and a new person y/n didn't know.

The nurse ran over to y/n and picked them up.

Nurse: y/n I was so worried

The woman across from y/n stood up and backed away a little.

9764 pov

9764 looked at the nurse hugging the child and then up to the man in the mask, next to him was another man that had blue light coming off of his arms and next to him was a little girl holding an orange blob.

The orange blob looked her in the eyes and she flinched. The orange blob giggled and jumped out of the girls arms and b-lined for her.

She was unsure what you do as it jumped up and hugged her.

9764 felt her sadness and loneliness insanity lesson and then vanished, for just a second she forgot about all of the things that had been done to her. She felt happy, she hugged the blob back feeling tears of joy leaving her eyes.

The man with the metal arms smiled.

???: 999 always makes you feel better, he always knows who needs it most