Chapter 36

Slendermans POV:

After tidying up the kitchen, I proceeded to make my way upstairs. It was late and many of the pastas were out killing. The rest were in their rooms or downstairs.

As I reached the top of the steps, I noticed someone standing at the end of the hallway, looking out the window.

They wore a black cloak and my mind immediately went on red alert.

How did this person get in without anyone noticing?!

Surely it wasn't one of the others playing a trick. I would've known immediately if this was one of the pastas.

I would've been able to read their thoughts.

But this person... if I could even call them that... I couldn't read their thoughts.

I quietly crept closer to the figure, until I stood about two pool tables length away.

And then I heard it.

The figure was sniffling.

Were they... were they crying?

I cleared my throat.

Then, the figure slowly turned around and what happened next was the last thing I had expected.

In a flash, before I could even move, they raced at me and tackled me... into a hug?

The figure buried their face into me and proceeded to let out violent sobs.

I was... caught off guard to say the least.

What am I supposed to do?

I awkwardly pat them on the back, which only caused them to sob louder.

"Child... what's the matter?" I asked.

And then I heard a voice that just sounded so so familiar.

"I'm so so sorry Mr. Slenderman sir. I swore I wouldn't cry when I came here but it's just been so long since I've seen any of you and- and I just," she started, but continued crying.

I was met with more confusion.

"I'm sorry child... but what are you talking about? Who are you? How'd you get in here?" I asked.

And then she looked up and I froze.

"It's me... (Y/N)... did- did you guys forget about me already?" She asked, sadly.

And then I engulfed her into a tight hug and if I had eyes, I probably would've shed a tear.

"How? How are you here?" I asked.

"Um... why don't we go talk in your office. I don't know if I'm ready for the others to know yet," she responded.

And so we went into my office.

And she explained everything.

It all made sense.

At first I was angry that she went against my orders and read the spellbooks, then I was touched that she wanted to help us, then impressed by her studies, and lastly I was just relieved that she was okay.

(Y/N)'s POV:

After explaining everything to Slender, we decided to tell the others tomorrow. As much as I wanted to storm into Toby's room and tackle him, Slender suggested that it might be best to wait for a better moment.

So that night, I slept in a guest room and anxiously waited for Slender to give me the okay to reveal myself.

We had formed a small plan.