2

I watched as the two bosses walked pass my door, which was all glass, they could see me. I could see them.
I reminded myself to not do anything inappropriate.

My door opened and I watched Elija walk in. I could tell it was him by the small scar above his lip.

"Mr.Dextor how can I help you?"

"We're going to a meeting. I need all this stuff done before we get back." He said handing me a list. It was almost as long as my arm. "You have three hours to complete this." He said before walking out.

"Asshole." I mumbled.

"That type of language isn't used in this building." I heard him yell while walking away. I sighed.

I read the long list of things I had to complete, I knew then I wasn't going to be able to take a lunch break.

First up, organizing the file room. I thought everything was done electronically but I guess I was wrong. I stepped out of my office and looked at the door next to mine. I opened the door and almost passed out. The room was very musky, the windows looked like that hadn't been open in centuries. Papers in large bins and all over the floor, it was obvious then that Elija did that on purpose. Taking deep breaths I reminded myself to not become affected by their work. I looked at the remainder of the list and saw the rest were easy short tasks. So I did those first.

I got their deconstructed tuna sandwiches, I cleaned their already spotless office. I called their maid to make sure she took their clothes to the cleaners and I scheduled a staff meeting for tomorrow and sent out some emails. I figured I would schedule other appointments while I cleaned the ruckus so sighing once again. I took a bottle of water and my phone to the dirty file room. It was a lot more open now that the windows were open, I could actually breath. I spotted a phone in the corner and looked around for a place I could plug it into. I would make my phone calls from there.

"No Mr.Johnson I don't think you understand, this meeting is scheduled for tomorrow, their calendar will be busy for the next two months, so I suggest you call your private pilot and tell him to get you here ASAP. Do you understand?"

"Y-Yes ma'am."

"Thank you for calling Dextor Corp, I hope you have a good day." I said with the politest voice before slamming the phone down on the receiver.

"Damn girl, you go hard." Brittney said walking in.

"Yeah, I was just annoyed."

"You've made some progress. I can actually see the floor, are you coming to lunch?"

"Sorry, I can't right now. I want to finish this as soon as possible." She nodded.

"I get it. You're a hard worker, but you have to learn how to rest."

"This is my first day here. I don't want to disappoint." I shrugged.

"Mhm girl. Okay, but I'll be back in an hour to check on you. Make sure you don't die in here with all these musty ass papers, bout to buy these papers some deodorant."

"Girl get outta her and go eat you lunch, you play too much."

"Alright. See ya." She said with a smile, closing the door behind her. We would definitely be great friends. I started to play some music as I sorted through these papers, alphabetically cause it was easier for me and the company.

About thirty minutes later my concert was interrupted by Damon who had a small smirk on his face. I quickly paused my music.

"Hello Mr.Dextor, how can I help you?" I asked continuing to put the files in their spots. Even though I was mad at Elija, Damon was gonna get the smoke as well.

"Just checking on you, have you had lunch?"
My stomach rumbles loudly.

"Did that answer your question?" I asked.

"Hm. Okay. Carry on then." He said before leaving. Sometimes no conversation is better than some conversation. So I continued to sort them, hours went by. I found myself lacking energy, I had eaten a bit an hour ago but I was still exhausted. But this was my last pile. Thirty more papers and I would be done. The work day was long over, it was now almost seven. Quickly I shoved the papers into the files and smiled. I did it. I looked at the room and it was neat, it had a small wooden desk, nice window lots of space when it wasn't dirty. I grabbed my things and stretched out my muscles. I walked out into the lobby and headed to the elevator.

"Long day Ms.White?" I heard a voice say behind me. No doubt the Dextor twins.

"Not as long as I know it'll be but very hardcore."

"Good, get used to it. Long nights where you'll be screaming in agony." I heard Damon say. I clenched my jaw. Don't take it the wrong way. Elija reached over me and pressed the elevator button, slowly withdrawing from me afterwards. We got on the elevator together again.