27

I woke up with one goal in mind.

To start working again.

I really wanted to get back into work.  Now if only I could convince the men to let me go with them.

"Yvonne you're up early." Elija said from the doorway I was brushing my teeth and starting to get ready as the twins woke up and did the same.

"Yeah, just getting ready." I hinted. He nodded before or processed.

"Getting ready, for what exactly?" He asked. I stood quiet trying to stall him as I thought of a way to escape.

"Why that is a good question my brother and we are still waiting for an answer Yvonne." Damon said coming into the bathroom as well. The bathroom was big but in that moment I felt like I was in a porta-potty with two hulk like men standing at either side. I spit out my toothpaste before smiling innocently.

"Getting ready for work." They shared a look before Elija started laughing. Elija was the emotionless one, he was the constantly scary one so when he started expressing himself but in the most emotionless way possible, like he was doing now, you should run.

Damon was the more uplifting one, sure he was strict but when he got still and quiet and mimicked his bothers emotionlessness that's when you should be scared.

I swear I learn new things about them everyday, but anyways back to the situation.

"You're not going back into work Yvonne." My jaw dropped.

"But why?"

"Why do you need to work, we will literally pay you to sit at home and do nothing."

"But the problem is I want to do something."

"So start a garden, read a book, hell download wattpad and read smut all day but you are not going into work!" Damon exclaimed. I pouted. Then my eyes started to water.

"Aw Damon she could just stay in our office." Elija reasoned giving me a hug.

"Are you literally giving into her? You're a pushover."

"No he just cares about me more than you do." I said giving him a mean look. He wasn't moved by it.

"Yvonne I do care about but, I don't want you to become stressed out by the amount of things that have changed."

"Okay how about I tell you if it's too stressful."

"And you see how that worked out last time?" He asked.

"Okay I pinky promise I'll tell you this time."

"I take my pinky promises very seriously Yvonne." He said warning me but I still held my pinky out in confidence. He wrapped his pinky around my pinky signifying a deal.

Game on

                                           ~*~

I put my head on the desk for the slightest bit of tranquility I could conjure. I could myself starting to fall into an anxiety attack after noticing how much work I still had stacked on what I had to do today. 

"Yvonne have you seen the-" Damon asked coming into my office. I shot up and straightened myself out he stared before relaxing his shoulders. He pinched the bridge of his nose and fear filled me as I was scared he would be disappointed in me.

"Please. I-I don't have anything else to accomplish, I'll feel worthless if I don't do this." I begged him.

"You can ask for help Yvonne. You don't have to do everything by yourself."

"I don't want you guys to be disappointed because I'm we-"

"Don't you dare, don't diminish your self worth because of how you think we view you, even if we did feel disappointed in you, you know what I don't think we could. Let us help you."

"I don't even know where to start."

"Cancel the meetings for today, they can wait." I swallowed the lump in my throat and picked up the phone.

Brittany

I ate my food in silence once again. I was at my desk as usual but nothing was really happening.

"Excuse me, I'm here for an interview, could you perhaps show me to a Brittany Dextor?" A man, and when I say a man I mean a man asked.

"Well you've come to the right place, you're a little early, I'll take you into the conference room and we can talk more." I said giving him a small smile.

"Sorry I'll let you eat, I won't mind waiting."

"No it's okay really." I said gathering interview papers. I got up and subtly watched his reaction as he noticed my enlarged stomach.

"A girl or a boy?" He asked. I raised an eyebrow "sorry if you don't want to-"

"No it's fine. I don't know. I don't really want to know." I shrugged. I led the way to the conference room.

Yvonne

Here I sat with the twins on the floor paperwork spread all around us as we analyzed missing data.

"Remind me to never take a break from work again." I muttered.

"I didn't think it was going to be this bad. Next time you're just gonna have to push through your trauma cause what you left us with is-" I gave Elija a serious look. "Hey Im just kidding." I rolled my eyes now I felt guilty. This was all my fault.  "Yvonne I was kidding seriously. It's obviously not that bad. Nothing an accountant can't fix."

"But the problem is that I am an accountant." I said.

"Okay well then let's fix this." Damon concluded.

"Right so-"

"Sorry to barge in but it's an emergency-" our data analyst said coming in I felt the room turn cold.