19

For the last week I have just been crying and sleeping.

I felt depressed.
I didn't want to do anything at all.
I felt as if I had caused this mess that I was in.
I didn't want to be around anyone at all.

My room was dark, because it was easier to sleep that way. I barely went out to get food because I was too tired to eat.

But something changed today.
I felt a little more energized than I did yesterday and I took advantage of it.

Slowly putting my feet on the ground I got up and opened the curtains. It was bright outside seeing as it was almost afternoon and I went to go take a shower. I got a quick glimpse of myself in the mirror and the depression came back. The dryness of my skin, the frown on my face, the redness of my eyes.

"Come on. You're stronger than this." I whispered to myself feeling myself about to cry. I turned on the shower water and got some clothes. Maybe the men would let me out of the house today. They were always overprotective of me so I guess nothing changed.

I took my time in the shower, I wanted to feel comfortable with myself again. I felt myself relax under the warm water and a new spurt of inspiration filled me. I'm going to be okay. I let the water run completely over me for about five minutes after cleaning myself so I felt completely relaxed.

I got out of the shower and put on the clothes. I instantly looked better. There were a few things I would have to work on but I didn't mind. I put on some shoes and went downstairs where Damon was, his back was turned towards me so he didn't see me. I felt shy suddenly, anxious. I didn't know how he was going to react. He turned around and we connected eyes. He just gave me a soft smile.

"Good morning Yvonne." He said finishing up the dish he was preparing.

"Goodmorning. Where is Elija?"

"He went to a business meeting he should be home s-" the front door opened and in came Elija who looked a little grumpy until he saw me.

"Yvonne. Goodmorning." He said with the same soft smile. I have an awkward smile in return. This was very weird.

"Let's eat." Damon proposed. He brought many plates to the table, pancakes, waffles, bacon, eggs, anything you'd eat for breakfast.

"So how is everyone?" I asked nervously.

"We're better now that you're here. How are you Yvonne?" Elija asked.

"I'm doing better today." I commented.

"I called Brittany and she said she would sub in for us for the business dinner." Damon told Elija as he grabbed the pancakes off of the plate.

"Why aren't you guys going?" I asked. They looked at me as if I was crazy.

"Yvonne, we can't just leave you here alone."

"I feel better now." I retorted.

"Yvonne, we need to make sure that you eat and get enough water so that you're physically healthy while you're mentally healing."

"Guys I'm doing better now. You guys can go."

"We need to keep an eye on you." Damon said.

"Okay then I'll go with you. I don't see what the big deal is." I shrugged.

"No." Elija said.

"Why not? I can't stay in the house forever. Plus I haven't been outside in forever and it's making me even more depressed." I said somewhat lying. Was staying inside making me depressed? No. But did I want to go outside? Yes. They have each other a look. I knew they were communicating.

"Fine, but, you have to stay near one of us at all times and if you start to feel uncomfortable, anxious, sad, whatever, we'll leave immediately." I nodded a smile coming into my face.

"Are you sure you want to go?" Damon asked, I could tell by his eyes he was searching for any physical cues that would suggest that I wasn't okay with going. So I look him in the eye put the most relaxed, happy expression I could on my face and told him;

"Yes. I'm very sure." He nodded. It was finalized.

                                             ~*~

"Hi, Im sorry I didn't answer all your calls. I was just deeply depressed and didn't want to talk to anyone." I said quickly as Brittany answered the phone.

"Yvonne it's okay. I think I would've been more worried if you had answered. Thank you for calling me though. How are you feeling?"

"I feel better than yesterday so I guess that's good."

"Yeah. I'm surprised the men haven't driven you crazy yet."

"Yeah, I've mostly stayed in my room so haven't seen them much except for today. I feel bad for pushing them out."

"Don't feel bad. I'm sure they understand. So I heard you're going to the business dinner tonight? Do you have a dress?" I raised an eyebrow then something came to mind.

"Yes. I have the perfect dress actually." I said getting up and going to my closet.

"Great I can't wait to see you there. I'm very thankful you called me, I love you and I'll always be here for you."

"I love you too Brit." I said back. We soon ended the call and I decided it was about time to get ready seeing as the dinner started in three hours and I still had to shave, moisturize and do a full glam routine.

Damon

I'm not going to lie. I didn't think Yvonne was ready to be out in the public eye again but I did trust her enough to tell us if she didn't feel comfortable. I was surprised to see her come downstairs this morning, overall I just want to make sure that she doesn't harm herself in any way.

"Relax Damon, she said she's okay." Elija said buttoning up his shirt, we were preparing for the dinner.

"And you actually believe her?" I scoffed.

"No, but Yvonne is a strong woman, if she can't handle anything she's definitely tell us."

"Yes I know, I've already said that in my head." I said  rolling my eyes. I didn't really know how to feel about this I wanted to keep Yvonne hidden from any evil for the rest of her life but I knew she wouldn't let me do that.