Chapter nine

"Aisha do I look good? Is my hair done right or does it look a mess" ilham asked looking at me from the mirror. She looked very anxious and kept messing things up. I put my hand on top of hers.

"Calm down girly! You look stunning. Mashallah tabarakallah allahumma baarik lahu." I told her and placed a kiss on her forehead and then dramatically wiped fake tears of my eyes. "Can't believe my little girl is getting married". 

Ilham rolled her eyes and wore her earrings that I took out for her, she wore her necklace and then with a sigh she stood up. 

"How do I look?" She asked doing a small twirl.

"Just like Ursula" I said with a grin.

"You piece of trash" she fumed and threw one of her shoes at me.

I caught it before it hit me and laughed rolling on her bed. She looked at me and gasped. 

"Get up monkey! Your wrinkling your dress!" She exclaimed. I slyly smiled and stood up. I took of my abaya revealing my dress for the day. It was a beautiful white shalwar kameez that I  insanely adored. I paired it up with a white hijab and white gold jewelry.

Ilham looked at me from head to toe and then smiled proudly

Ilham looked at me from head to toe and then smiled proudly. "Oh my lord! You look soo beautiful! Don't be surprised when aunties come to you for their son!" Ilham gushed. 

"That bangles" she then gushed looking at my white gold bangles that I wore. I grinned at her and looked at myself in the mirror. I wasn't looking good as she was praising me for. I looked okay. I was one who had zero self confidence and ilham was the total opposite who loved herself head to toe. 

"Why don't you remove your hijab Aisha? You know it's an all girls function" ilham asked.

"You know I I do not like much attention on my self besides." I told her then with a wink I said "it's your day I don't want all eyes on me"

"Your soo full of yourself" ilham said rolling her eyes. 

"Ilham! Your henna artist is here!" Kulthom exclaimed barging in. She waved at me and pulled me into a hug. Then the two of us together helped ilham out to the living room where the henna was to take place.

I sat with Safiya  who was grumbling about her grumbling stomach. It was then that kulthom forced me to apply henna on my own hands and I gave in. 

"How would you like your henna?" The lady asked smiling.

"I don't mind as long as it's simple" I told her. 

She did as instructed and adorned my hand just as I liked it, I thanked her and went to look at Sara's hands which had henna on too.

"They look lovely" I gushed. 

"I don't why. I think it's the pregnancy hormones that's playing in me. I really was waiting to apply them. Now I can't stand the smell. Excuse me I'm going to wash it off" Sara told me and scurried off.