Chapter thirty four

"Women" Imaad shook his head as he responded. "To them every mans hardship is equal to theirs"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I'm pretty sure their conversation is about how to find the girl and knack some sense to her head about how charming you are" qamr spoke with a shake of his head.

"Agreed" Amir said with a grim expression . "Specially that sister of yours. I can promise you that tonight I'll be getting no sleep" he said

"And looking at the way ilham and Ayesha is talking, I'd say that already know who she is" Yusuf spoke looking their way.

"Is that so?" I glanced towards them to where Ayesha stood, holding onto ilham's arms. The two of them were whispering something of their own. Whilst the rest of them were huddled together closer to them.

Ilham gazed at me and then whispered something to Ayesha who also turned towards my direction. Our eyes met, and my heart rate increased. I turned my gaze back to the men yet from my peripheral view, I knew. That she was looking my way.

Soon kulthom and qamr had to leave, then Yusuf had to and then It became that it was Amir, Imaad and I.

Sara and Sophie had entered the car waiting for Ayesha and Amir.

But Ayesha seemed to be in a deep conversation with ilham. I took quick glances of her time to time but stopped doing so when ilham caught me and raised her eyebrows.

Soon after a few minutes they broke up apart.

"Shall we?" Imaad asked ilham who nodded.

With one last look towards Ayesha and a quick hug. Ilham glanced at me and gave me a smile and soon the couple left.

"Alright bro. See you soon inshallah" Amir spoke stretching.

"Yes inshallah. Assalamu Alaikum" I greeted.

He replied to my salam and walked towards the car. I sighed and turned to where my vehicle was and stopped when I saw Ayesha. Standing in the spot where ilham left her.

I watched her pick her tissue up from the ground and she glanced at me, a quick glance.

"Do you think?.." I started in a whisper. "That during this one year spam, she would have come in terms with what I have said?"

"Would she have accepted herself and is ready to accept me?" I asked.

And then I sucked in a breath and cursed inaudibly and shook my head and turned to the car when I heard her voice and I froze.

"Maybe" she said her voice like melody in my ears. "You need to take the leap and see where it lands"

And with that she rushed to her car and then the car zoomed past me and I stood there. Contemplating what she just said.

I couldn't figure what it meant or what she had directed at and that was the only thing that was stuck in my mind when I drove and even when I went to bed that night.

What could she have meant? Was it possibly a positive answer? Or was it negative.

The 'maybe' stuck on my mind. Is she willing to let me in? So many is she's swarmed my mind that night as I lied on bed.

I sighed and pulled the duvet over allowing sleep to consume me.

That morning When I woke, I woke up with determination to get things done. I felt light after last nights prayers, and I felt a little as ease. By noon when Sara had come home to spend the final week that I'll be spending with me. I sighed and entered the kitchen sure to do the deed.

I paced around the kitchen wiping my hands on my Jeans time to time, glancing at Sara and mum who were huddled together by the stove.

As soon as Sara had come the first thing she has questioned me was who the girl was and I shook my head and played with Hamza and talha.

"What's wrong Imran?" Mum questioned throwing me a glance from her pot.

"Nothing" I sighed and left the kitchen.

I sat on the couch and threw my head back with Hamza beside me on my phone.

"What's wrong?" Hamza asked looking up from the phone.

"Nothing champ" I replied with a small smile.

"Somethings up" Hamza insisted looking at me putting aside my phone. "You like someone don't you?" He asked.

I looked at him wide eyes and raised and eyebrow. He shrugged and grinned at me.

"Don't tell anyone" he whispered and I promised I wouldn't.

"I heard Ayesha talking with ilham aunty" he said and I urged him to continue.

"They were talking about you liking someone" he grinned. "Am I getting a new aunty soon?" He asked.

"What did they say?" I asked him curious to get more out of him.

"Ilham aunty said about knowing the girl better than herself. They were being pretty secretive since I was there" Hamza shrugged.

I frowned as I didn't get what he had said but I didn't ask more from him.

Sighing and picking up my courage I went back to the kitchen. Mum was stirring something in the stove and Sara was feeing talha his food.

"Do you guys have a minute?" I asked feeling oddly calm than I had intended.

"What's up?" Sara asked feeding the baby and looking at me.

Mum switched off the stove and looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"You acting weird today" she said taking a seat next to Sara.

I went to the fridge and got myself a soda can and took the opposite seat.

"So.." I started sipping a bit of my soda.

"Yes.." Sara spoke just as I had.

"I like this girl and I think I want you guys to send a proposal to her" I blurt and watched mum choke on her water whilst Sara looked alert.

"Who's she?" Sara asked from the edge of her seat.

"You like someone?" Mum asked disbelief evident in her eyes. "My son likes someone?" She spoke again.

"Hush mum" Sara spoke and eyed me.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hand, thats it now, there no going back.

"It's Ayesha" I said and then hell broke loose.