Chapter thirty

"God! This is soo exhausting, why do I have to tag along for all these dinners!" Sophie exclaimed throwing her abaya on.

"It's just Yusuf's house" Farrah reasoned as she dressed up.

"But still!" She whined and I giggled.

Since it was Yusuf's house, I was to dress up and ditch the abaya once I go there as much as I hated it I was pretty excited to do so.

I threw my abaya over my outfit and wrapped a hijab that would suit the lawn I was wearing.

"I'm done" I exclaimed as I put on my shoes.

"Me too" Sophie spokestaring intently at me.

I raised my eyebrows and she just shrugged.

Sighing I got into the car along with Sophie and Sara.

"Assalamu Alaikum!" Maher aunty greeted as she saw us enter.

"Walaikum salam" Sophie, Farrah, Sara and I replied In unison.

We walked in a little further into the house to where she was standing and she hugged each of them and finally turned to me with a huge grin.

"You getter prettier day by day" she gushed and pulled me into a tight embrace.

"You do too aunty" I replied as I tired to breath.

I didn't miss the grin that Farrah and Sara had plastered and Sophie's eye roll.

My gaze shifted to where Yusuf stood, in the men's living room dressed in casual T-shirt and denims. He grinned noticing me suffocating in his mum's grip.

'Help me' I mouthed and his grin widened as he made his way towards us.

"Mum, if you want me married you need to let go of her now or I'm sure she'd suffocate and die whilst on your embrace" he spoke his voice laced with amusement.

Aunty Maher immediately let go and looked at me with worried eyes.

"Darling, was it too tight? You should have told me" she spoke pressing a kiss on my forehead.

"It's fine aunty" I replied with a sweet smile.

"Ladies" he acknowledged the other women who were with me. Sara and Farrah smiled whilst Sophie stiffened and looked the other way.

With one swift move Yusuf stood by me and wrapped his hands around my shoulder pulling me into a embrace.

"My lady" he greeted me and Sara awed looking at us.

I rolled my eyes as aunty ,anger joined Farrah and Sara in gushing while Sophie stood there wishing she'd be anywhere other than there.

"Yusuf" I spoke and moved from his grip and smiled.

"We should get going inside" aunty Maher said and Sophie was happy to oblige.

She walked in before any of us did and Farrah followed suit. Sara walked into the men's room to hand baby talha to Amir whilst Yusuf held my abaya to stop me from going.

I raised my eyebrows and he shook his head, when aunty Maher walked away from us, he bent closer towards me.

"Meet me in my room after dinners over" he whispered.

I gave him a nod and then he straightened with a smile, I watched Yusuf walk back to the living room and that was when, that was exactly when my eyes clashed with the achingly beautiful blue eyes. He held,so many emotions in him that as I stared at him I forgot to breath.

"Ayesha" Sara called putting her hand out and I looked away and moved towards the house.

Dinner went smoothly with the usual wedding talks and more. Aunty Layla passed me a smile as I took talha from her and played with him as they all spoke.

"You'd have a bundle of joy soon" aunt Layla teased as I rocked talha who was asleep on me.

I stiffened at the thought but managed to smile at her.

"Oh my god! I can't wait to see" Farrah grinned and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sure, you'd have the cute baby. Imagine yusufs grey eyes with Ayesha's brown hair!" Ilham exclaimed with a grin.

She rubbed her own belly with a excitement and I smiled at her.

As the talk went on my phone pinged, Ilham took it for me and checked.

"It's from Yusuf" she spoke with a hint of mischief in her eyes.

"Yah?" I spoke.

"He wants you to come quickly" she said.

"Cover up for me?" I asked and she gave me a nod.

Slowly I moved talha to Sara and was about to move when aunty Meher called out.

"Yes aunty?" I asked.

"Where are you going dear? Come come sit here" she said patting the seat next to her.

I looked at ilham who shrugged.

"I need to use the washroom, I'll be back" I lied and I knew that Sara understood what it meant. She passed me a wink and spoke to aunt meher distracting her from me.

I took quick steps towards the stairs and collided with someone in doing so.

"I am soo sorry I wasn't looking" I spoke rubbing my forehead which collided with a glass.

"That's okay" came his reply and I froze.

I looked up towards him to only notice his gaze lowered, he clenched the glass in his hand and moved to give me way.

I couldn't move, I wanted to talk to him, to let him know something but I couldn't voice either. He looked at me with a questioning look and walked away instead of waiting.

My heart clenched as I watched him walk away. I slowly moved towards where Yusuf was and he breathed a sigh of relief as he saw me.

"I thought you wouldn't come" he spoke.

"Be quick, I'm suppose to be in the washroom"I spoke standing opposite him who was leaning by the door.

"Ayesha?" Ilham hissed in the midst of our conversation.

"Yes?" I questioned and Yusuf jerked straight.

"God, aunty fathima is looking for you" she spoke and shot Yusuf a glare and he just grinned.

"Oh" I said and moved close to her.

"Can't you like wait till you guys are married,you'd have your whole life to talk so why steal her during the little time she has to spend with me" Ilham spoke her voice harsh.

"Hey! I can't help the fact that she irresistible" Yusuf said with a wink and I caught a glance at Sophie who stood by the door.

She glanced at me then at Yusuf and her gaze stood there longer, Yusuf looked at her and smiled.

"Sophie" he acknowledged her with a nod and she gave him a curt one.

"What even did you do that you are in Sophie's bad books? She seems like she's not a fan of you" Ilham questioned clearly curious.

Yusuf froze and his eyes darkened and his gaze stayed on Sophie who was rigid as well, she held his gaze for a who,e before looking away.

"Ayesha, before aunt meher throws a tantrum of you two being together before your marriage you need to come down" Sophie spoke to me and gave Yusuf a last glance and walked away.

I pulled Ilham out the door and turned to look at Yusuf who gave me a weak smile, I returned one and walked to the living room with a sigh.

"I don't think I can put up with this any longer" I whispered before walking in back to the living room where the ladies waited.