17 || Unexpectance

«——————— « ⋅∘◦ ❈ ◦∘⋅ » ———————»

"Argh." I whine, resting my head on my office table.

No matter how much I try and struggle for my mind to escape the flashbacks of yesterday, it feels as if the never ending spiral of thoughts are almost inevitable.

My head was filled with you, the small sparks in my veins slowly driving me crazy.

And It didn't help that you were in the same room, your piercing gaze burning into me as I nervously fumbled around with my stuff.

"..." I let out a sigh.

Come on Hwamin, just this last part, and all your work will be done for the day.

I took a deep breath, and buried my face back in the pile of scattered papers on my desk.

"Minah, you've been working for hours, how about a rest?" Lee know sits beside me, watching me continue to swamp myself in files. "Besides, you skipped lunch. Jisung wanted me to give this to you."

"Huh?" I ask. " Jisung was here?"

He chuckles. "Not exactly, I passed by him in the hallway. He looked to be in a hurry, so I thought to lend him a hand. You should eat it, he'll be worried if you didn't."

It was a small box, the packaging label showing the name of one of my favourite bakery's. Inside was a small strawberry cheesecake, topped with some fruits and a small encouraging little note.

Don't think I'll ever let you starve, idiot.

By the way, this paper is edible too, look, I even tried some. >.>

I glance at the bottom right, and there was indeed a chunk ripped off of the corner.

Boi, Jisung.

The corners of my mouth turn up in a small grin.

Gotta love ya.

"Well, I guess a little break wouldn't hurt." I say, opening the lid of the box.

I take out the cheesecake with my hands, and take a bite.

Jisung didn't give me a spoon.

"Pfft." I hear a small laugh from beside me.

"Hmm?" I turn to Lee know, in which a smile was plastered on his face. "Is something wrong?"

He just continues smiling, putting his hand on my head to pet my hair. "Nothing, it's just.."

"What?" I ask him, feeling my face tint a slight pink from his hand on my head.

He chuckles once again. "It's just.. You're really cute when you're eating."

At that moment, I can't help but let my entire face blush red. "L-Lee Know-"

"Song Hwamin, please make your way to the front foyer immediately. Song Hwamin, to the front foyer."

"... Ah," I pause, looking at the time, before packing the rest of my cheesecake away. It's too late for there to be another blueprint, isn't it? "Sorry, Lee Know, I have to go.." I get up from my seat, and just step out the door when I change my mind. "Wait, do you want to come with me?"

Something inside tells me that this isn't just a blue print.

"Sure, I'll come." He says, coming to follow me.

I walk through the hallways, sometimes needing to grab Lee Know by the sleeve to get him in the right direction. But somehow, we manage to make it to the foyer.