38 || Collapse

An icy chill twins down my back, the world stopping as the comprehension of time refuses to make sense in my brain.

"Hwamin.." My Dad mutters, looking down at me with wide eyes.

I furrow my brows together, not knowing what exactly I should be feeling.

Fear? Sadness?

Now, rage?

"Hwamin, I had to do it," he steps closer to me, almost apologetically. "It's for the greater good. For the greater good of our family-"

My expression draws a blank line, feelings a crumpled up ball of paper.

...

I almost feel a laugh stifle out of my throat.

"Family?"

"Don't start," I spit, annoyance clouding all of my good judgements. "Don't you dare. I don't know what you're definition of 'family' is, but it definitely isn't the same as mine."

Yonghwa scoffs, having returned to the place beside the man who's ruining his daughter's life. He almost slouches, the most laid-back I've ever seen him. "Hwamin, really, do you think anything you say matters?"

I glare, frowning even deeper. "I-"

"Because it doesn't. In a few moments, this man will be the last person who loves you, so dearly, to talk to you before the inevitable happens. Just accept it."

"Someone will come to help me," I look directly up to Yonghwa. A blurry sheen beginning to obscure my vision tells me that my adrenaline is quickly wearing off. "I used that device."

"And I broke it. Who do you think has the upper hand?"

I pause, thoughts racing through my mind.

"I-"

Before I can even react, a large bang emitted throughout the room. The door slams open, a large group of people rushing in.

"Put your hands up!"

99% of the group just so happens to have high power guns, protective clothes, and a badge.

The other one?

Is Chan.

"Don't shoot!" Chan orders, walking towards me. He quickly unties me, and I stand up right away, eyes wide at the senior.

"Chan, how did you-"

"There was a GPS on the device, didn't you see?" The older sighs at me. "I honestly didn't think you'd be really using that, after all of this."

I pout, ignore the bruises already forming on my arms, the police ushering me towards them.

My dad and Yonghwa stand still, arms up by their heads. I turn my head away from them, too disgusted to spare any glances.

I couldn't even bear to look at them, after all of this.

An officer barks something that I can't comprehend to his coworkers, two of them moving forwards to secure the criminals.

But before they can step forwards, Yonghwa bolts to the corner of the room, pressing a single button on Minho's dark chamber.

His eyes snap open, the irises being an icy blue I never thought I'd seen again.

An officer turns to Chan once more, but he doesn't get the chance to speak.

"Stay still," Chan says, brows furrowed together.

Minho slowly steps out of his chamber, standing beside Yonghwa obediently. Yonghwa grabs a small, sharp object out of his pocket, making the police crew shift.

Once again, Chan stops them.

Yonghwa slowly hands the tiny knife to Minho, making my heart skip a beat as he turns towards me.

"End her," Yonghwa declares.

At this point, Chan's orders aren't enough to keep the brutal police force back.

They grab onto Minho, attempting to disarm him.

But no matter what, a program will always be stronger, smarter.. better than any amount of humans.

A tear threatens to fall, when something inside me is suddenly pushed too far.

What if-?

"EVERYBODY, STOP!"

The room falls still.

I freeze, shocked.

I had.. no idea I could yell that loud..

Or that people would listen.

"I.. I have an idea. Please, take Yonghwa and my dad away."

It's a lot easier to secure and move two humans than an android. The deed is done in minutes.

Just as the crowd leaves the room, Yonghwa shouts something over his shoulder.

"Lee Know- kill her!"

Chan slams the door shut, blocking out any sound.

Minho doesn't falter, stepping towards me robotically.

It takes mere seconds for him to cross the room.

And before I know it, a shadow lifts over my head.

I suck in a breath, my hands subconsciously flying to my head, as weak protection.

However, as I scrunch my eyes together, head flinging down, my tears finally beginning to fall-

I feel nothing.

...

I look up, my vision completely blurry.

I wipe my eyes, the room completely silent, just to see Minho standing above me.

I hear a clink on the floor, a sure-fire sound of metal hitting metal.

"I..." Your honey like voice resonates into my ears again, and I could have sworn that the scene in front of me was a mere illusion.

"I can't do it."

Minho looks towards me, dark blue eyes widening before they flash brown once more. You look petrified, shocked, almost like you were about to cry at any moment.

And without any warning, your legs give out, body collapsing into me. I close my eyes, barely able to think in this surreal nightmare that I've recently started calling life.

I want nothing more than to wake up, realizing these past few months have been a dream.

But it wouldn't be a dream without you.

__________________________

A/N: All of my friends suddenly started getting boyfriends ._.

And then there's me, head over heals over a certain person that has taken up probably more than half of my camera roll ;_;