42 || Message

Jisung's P.O.V.

"Hey, are you guys hungry?" Hyunjin asks, jumping up towards the kitchen. "I could make something, if you want."

"I could eat," I say, unable to take my eyes off of Hyunjin as I watch the boy walk towards the cupboards.

Minah grins too, nodding. "I'm kinda hung-"

"Is- is ramen all you guys eat?" A panicky voice comes from the kitchen, bouncing off the walls. "Are okay? Like, mentally?"

Minah and I break out into laughter, while Hyunjin peeks through the entrance way to glance over at us, concerned.

"Honestly, ramen is the only thing Jisung buys. He usually eats whatever I make, though." The girl beside me shrugs.

"Hey, it's gourmet," I smile proudly, going into the kitchen with Hyunjin. "We should make some. It'll be good!"

Hyunjin sighs. "Alrighty... can you put a pot of water on? Make sure it doesn't boil over, though. I'll choose a package, I suppose."

"What about meee?" Minah calls, not necessarily caring that shes sitting on the sidelines.

"Oh, Minah." I exclaim. "You can play Smash Bros. if you want. We'll join you when this is done."

I watch her shrug again. "Fine with me," she says, bouncing over to the couch to grab a controller. "Call me when you're finished, or when the kitchen sets on fire, which ever comes first!"

"Gotcha!" I reply back, before turning my attention back towards the stove.

... It then only took me a second to realise what situation I'm in.

What is this?

Here I am, standing next to the best-looking person in the world (second only to me), making ramen while my friend plays a multiplayer video game by herself.

"Should I break the noodles?" Hyunjin asks, pouring the seasoning into the pot. "We should've chosen something bigger to make this in.."

"Sure," I shrug, cheeks pink.

Jesus, just being around this guy has me flustered.

Maybe I should...

Confe-

Nope, never.

Well... not yet.

But seriously- who allowed him to be this cute?

"Hmm... I guess so!" I grab the package with the noodles still inside, breaking it way too overdramatically on my knee. "No noodles will be spared from the Jisungators wraith."

Hyunjin laughs, taking the contents of the plastic bag and pouring them into the boiling pot of water. "Jisungator, do you mind watching these noodles for a moment? Don't forget to stir them often."

"Pfft, you're trusting me with food? Terrible mistake, really," I smirk, as he hands me the utensils he was stirring with. "Are you gonna go do something?"

He exhales a soft sigh, before leaning against the counter top to take his phone out. "I think I got a text from Woojin. Check your phone later, you might have one from Chan."

Eh?

I feel my eye widen, immediately lowering my voice. "A text? What's it about?"

Upon unlocking the device, I see Hyunjin's eyes scrolling through the screen, his eyebrows furrowing as he bites down his lower lip. "Well..."

Oh no. Was the first thing to cross my head.

And so I continued to stare at him, eyes expectant.

...

And by the way, did I say how handsome he looked at this angle?

I think I'm about to melt.

but before I could, I shake my head.

Han Jisung, stop gaydreaming.

After what felt like forever, the boy next to me doesn't even say a word, merely shaking his head as he slides the phone back into his pocket.

"Well?" I question, turning away as if I was never staring. "Is it who I think it's about?"

"Maybe. Are the walls here sound proof?"

I blink. "Uhhhh, whyyy?"

"Cause." He motions his head towards the way to the living room, where Minah is. "I think it's best if she doesn't hear."

At this point, I was beginning to panic. Turning off the heat from the stove, I rush over and frantically put my hands on Hyunjin's shoulders. "What is it? Did something happen? who died? Will I not be able to attend Minmin's wedding cer-"

"Shhhh, Jisung." Hyunjin puts a finger to my lips. "It's not for sure yet. check your phone."

Grabbing the rectangular device, I turn it on.

- You have one unread message. -

I tap the screen.

'Jisung, I don't want to worry you or Hwamin, but... I'll need you at the lab tomorrow. Specific details will be given once you arrive, I'll explain later. It's about Lee Know.'

"Great." I moan, leaning my back against one of the kitchen walls.

"I don't think Hwamin has been informed." Hyunjin pats my head. "I just hope everything will be fine."

I heave a heavy sigh. "Tomorrow was supposed to be a day off..." Throwing my arms into the air, I pout in defeat. "Whatever, I'm doing this for Minmin."

Things haven't been great these past few weeks, and the process of the android to human thing for Lee know had been painstakingly tedious. It was already enough, trying to decipher hours of data a day while maintaining a proper sanity with only caffeine as your main source of energy.

And despite all of that, I can't even get a proper few days off.

Hyunjin giggles, leaning over to give me a reassuring smile. "Hey, you're doing all this for Minah, right? I'm sure you'd want to see her smile more than all of the rest of us. We'll be working together tomorrow together too, I'll be here to give you an extra boost."

I blush, turning my head away from the boy. He's completely right.

"Anyways." Seeing my reactions, the boy bounces up again. "Can you finish these noodles? I'm leaving for a quick sec."

I stare over to the almost finished pot of ramen on the counter top, and back to him. "Well, sure. But where are you going? Haven't I warned you already to not trust me with food?"

"The couch, I won't be gone for long." he replies, ruffling my hair up with his hand. "And y'know, I'd trust you with anything, Sungie."

I feel my breath hitch.

Hyunjin would...

Trust me with...

'Anything'?

Lord, save me.

____________________________

Ayeeeee I'm back (sort of.)

no promises of when I'll die again, you know?

Edit: okay so I just realized, so I'm here to make a disclaimer that this story was written before the whole woojin incident, and I'm too lazy to edit it so excuse me T VT