chapter 8

A loud fist of laughter echoed in the room. Aurelius wasn't able to contain his laughter when Augustus told him about the morning incident. Augustus was giving death glares to Aurelius but he ignored them.

"I'm going break all your teeth . Here I'm discussing something serious with you and you are laughing. "

Aurelius controlled his laughter with much difficulty and said, "your highness, I forgot to add adjective strong in the description of the beautiful lady Ri,Rit..." He was not able to pronounce her name properly.

" it's Rithambara " said Augustus in his thick Roman accent. Aurelius looked at him with wide eyes. He was thinking how did he pronounce such a foreign name and that also with accuracy. Though Augustus was his best friend, he didn't dare to tease him anymore because he was already in horrible mood.

Augustus's voice broke his reverie when he asked what is he thinking. Now, talking about the serious matter, Aurelius asked him, "Your highness, King Victor is getting weaker day by day. Cassius will try to take advantage of the situation and attack on Rome. In our absence, it will be perfect opportunity for them. What if they attack Rome ? Pardon me but I don't think that Highness Felix will cope up with that. "

The very name Cassius left a bitter taste in Augustus's tongue. He hated him with all his heart . He couldn't forget the day he disrespected his son in court full of people. He controlled his anger and smirked . He said, "You don't need to worry about it Aurelius. King Victor still has support from Britain. Cassius will have to cross Mare Nostrum (Mediterranean sea) in order to enter in Italy where Britain has its army. They will not be able to put a fight against them. Britain will support King Victor until he is useful for them. We still have time for that. My main concern is about Florence. My blood brothers are against me. We have to make peace with them. I already have so much on my mind and here my father is again forcing me into marriage. "

Aurelius didn't like the condition of his best friend. He said, " your highness , I think Justus needs mother figure in his life. Our majestic king must have something in his mind. Sir, you are most of the time busy in training and thinking about Florence. I know you are an amazing father but still Justus needs a mother. Highness Marcus looks after him but he can not be Justus's mother. "

Augustus sighed and said, " you know Aurelius, what happened with my Valentina. I can't forget her. She was the only one who was the mother
Of my son. No one else can be a mother to Justus. "

Aurelius tried to reason, " i know that highness Valentina was a very sweet lady. No body can replace her from your heart but think about little Justus. How will he survive? He's just two years old but when he will grow up and see his cousins with their mothers ,how will he feel? He still craves for highness Octavia ,highness Tatiana and highness Flavia's love but alas! They are blinded by the jealousy and thirst for crown that they don't even touch him. Poor child is always alone. How many times will you or Marcus stand against them. Please marry this girl just for the sake of our little Justus. "

Augustus clenched his jaws and said, "those pathetic excuse of women! I will not spare any one of them. Let me reach Florence but Aurelius what makes you so sure that Rithambara will love Justus as his own and will not hate him? Afterall, she will be the step mother. "

Aurelius smiled and said, " that lady, is not marrying you for love, she is just marrying you for the sake of promise. A promise which her father made. She is ready to go far away from her land and culture just for his father. She is a lady of words and class. She loves her father, family and kingdom so much. She has a big heart. She is ready to marry a person whom she don't even know so that no body raises question on her father.She don't have any reasons to hate our Justus. I've this gut feeling that she will be an amazing mother to Justus. "

Augustus raised his eyebrows and said, "i think more than me you are impressed  by her. I don't want to put her life in danger. I tried to threaten her so that she could deny from this whole  marriage process but that silly girl was teaching me about choke throat technique "

  Aurelius again burst out laughing , "she is a strong lady, my lord. She has given you a glimpse of her strength. Don't worry about her safety, she will handle it and she will be a perfect mother to Justus ."
'and perfect wife to you" he thought in his head.

Augustus just sighed and said, "let's see what future has in store. "

Here whole palace was decorated for the marriage of the princess. Maharaj was still feeling guilty . Both the princes were highly infuriated and hated this Roman guests. Rukmini tears were not drying.

Maharaj called Cato and said in a very emotional voice, " you are the one who saved my life once now I again want you to go with my heart to Florence and save her from all the bad omen. "

Cato himself had tears in his eyes. He said, "Maharaj, Rajkumari is like a daughter to me which I never had. I'm no one in comparison to her but still she never adressed me directly with my name. She calls me mama (maternal uncle) . Don't worry Maharaj. I'll protect her with my life. You have my words. " Vikram Singh couldn't control himself and hugged Cato.

Next day to be bride and groom had to complete many ceremonies. Guests were coming from neighboruring cities. Afterall it was the marriage of princess of Chittaurgarh. Everyone was gathered in the hall when suddenly a voice came, "Ye vivah nhi ho sakta" .(this marriage can't happen)

Everyone turned their heads in the direction of the voice and gasped  .