Epilogue 2

Tiny footsteps were hurrying through the corridors without any care of the yellings behind him. He was huffing and puffing but definitely not willing to lose. His wavy mid night black hair were bouncing, at times, covering his little face.

He was fighting tooth and nail but the compact metal sword in his hand was making his forehead break into sweats. The sharp shine of the sword had attracted him in the very first glance but his mother never allowed him to touch it and even had hidden it. Sister Eirene, brother Justus, everyone had their small, slightly curved, metallic and shining sword but he had none. The very thought used to make him frown. Neither his cries nor his pleas of holding had worked on Rithambara but after all, he found it. He giggled loudly when his little brain pictured the morning incident. 

   His mother thought that he was asleep in cot when she hid that shining, fascinating thing under the thick mattress. He had to pretend to sleep as their were few maids around him. Finally, when they went out, completely falling for his pretense, he was fast enough to grab this golden opportunity. His tiny hands were tired after lifting that damn heavy mattress but the excitement had filled him with new thrust and he managed to get his treasure. It was smaller and lighter than the one used by his mother during training Eirene or brother Justus but for now, it would do. His eyes shone delightedly, defying starlight.

   That sharp glint on the edge left him awestruck and he was tempted to grab that shine but he had seen Eirene holding the blunt, gold plated end. After giving it thought, he did the same. He couldn't raise it up in air, due to the weight but it definitely didn't bring down his enthusiasm of feeling like a king. He had seen his father sitting up on the throne as a supreme. That sword made him feel like that and he liked it, to say the least. Since then, he was running around the corridors. Maids around him were precautious because they were aware of his rebellious nature. He wouldn't have hesitated to harm himself to keep them away.

Currently, he could hear many voice including his mother to drop the treasure but that filled him with thrill to drag it with more force until, he heard his father's voice, " Dear Ares. "
  He knew that he was his father because nobody else called him Ares, God of war.

  Augustus and Rithambara sighed in relief when they saw halted steps of their younger son. Indeed, he was a rebel like Ares and fearless like Abhimanyu. Totally different name from two cultures but with the same meaning withhold. He was only a bit older than three but his nature was peculiar and different, not at all like his sweet, obedient siblings.

            Ritha was always on her toes to discipline him but all used to go in vain and he certainly knew all the tricks to defy her. Hisface had a bright aura while his dark eyes always had a look of observance, a splitting image of his mother.

Abhimanyu couldn't help but look back in order to confirm what he heard and to his pleasant surprise, there he stood. His father , whom he admired the most, specially when he sat on that throne alone. A beautiful smile broke down on his face amidst those heavy breaths. He never understood those things going on in the court room but he knew one thing, that his father made people bow and he loved it.

    " Where are you going, son?

  He dropped down his treasure filling the atmosphere with a tingling voice and ran backwards, to get engulfed by his father.

     Augustus, Rex of Rome, who made enemies bow, was now down on his knees to pick him up. His fatherly instincts knew that his youngest son was going to achieve heights of greatness with that fierce attitude but at the same time, it made him worry a bit. For now, keeping it apart, he hugged him close to his heart and ruffled his hair.

  " Abhimanyu! I've warned you to never, ever touch sword or daggers. You're getting mischievous with each passing day. " Rithambara was furious but scared at the same time. What if he had hurt himself? Her heartbeats have always been high since the day he had learn to crawl. Sometimes pulling Eirene's hair, sometimes troubling his much elder cousions who used to visit Rome from time to time. Only Justus or Augustus could keep his composure calm, nobody else.

                      Instead of getting sad by his mother's scolding, Abhimanyu's thin, tiny red lips turned into a sly smile. He was very well aware of the fact that his father was there to save him and as he predicted, Augustus spoke, " it's alright Ritha. We can look into this afterwards, for now, let me have some time with my children. "

  Even Ritha had seen her husband after a month and was looking forward to spend time with him, therefore, she let the matter slide for a while and nodded but not before glaring down at Abhi who royally ignored it.

     Eirene held Augustus's left hand while Abhi held his right one and they were ready to go. All the while, Justus wasn't paying attention to the family drama, instead, his eyes were at ground floor, staring at that serene beauty with adoration. Suddenly, he heard his mother calling his name, asking him to join them but he didn't want to so, he said, " Mother, I've some errands to run, I'll join you all in a while. "

Ritha was amused with his behavior and laughed slowly. She went near Justus and spoke in his ears in a hushed voice, " Invite Callista also. "

     It made his eyes turn wide while his cheeks flushed.

' was I staring for too long that mother figured it out? '

He looked at Ritha who was smiling at him with a raised eyebrow. He spoke desperately to defy it, " What, no mother! "

  Alas! It was too late as Ritha's smile told him that she had seen it all.

Want to meet love interest of Justus ?

You can, if I'll get 500 followers on wattpad and 100 on booknet.

If not, then, this sums the journey of 'Indian Queen of Roman Crown ' for forever. It was an amazing experience to write this. 😊😊