Chapter 12

All colours drained from king Atticus's face. He didn't want Ritha to know about Justus in such a way. He wanted to have a conversation with her and make her understand but now the truth was unveiled in most brutal way.

Rithambara was yet to process this information in her head. His husband has a son? He was married before ? She's his second wife? She left her land with her husband and her father in law and as soon as she put her first step in the palace, she received the biggest shock of her life. She wanted to yell at all of them for betraying her and most importantly her father's trust but she thought it is better to behave maturely because decisions taken in hurry can change lives. She just looked at the child in her hand. For a moment she felt that twinkle in his eyes could guide her through the secrets of this unknown land but that didn't stop her from glaring at Augustus. She wanted answers and she knew she will have it.

Even the brightest sunshine could not defeat the smile playing on little Justus's lips. His happiness was boundless. In that particular moment he wanted to do anything and everything which could please his mother. He looked at his mother's angry face which was turned towards his father . He thought for a while and imitated his mother's action and looked angrily at his father.

Augustus turned his head towards his son to find him already glaring at him.
Aurelius tried his best to control his laughter after seeing Augustus . Augustus was simply confused. He saw his son after nine months and first thing his son does is to ignore him and secondly glare at him. 'does this yellow fabric girl knows black magic? ' he said to himself.

"Who is this colourful lady and how dare she glare at my son? " Ritha and Justus glare took a three sixty degree turn and directed towards a woman's voice. Before anyone could say anything Justus replied , "aunt Octavia she is my mother like you are Romeo's mother. Now she will clean my wounds ." Rithambara's heart swelled with love for this boy. She vowed to never let this boy feel void of mother's love. Her reverie was broken by a very annoying laugh .

Octavia said, "your mother! Nobody can be your mother . Your mother is dea.. "

"Enough!" roared Augustus in his deep voice. " now I get that from Romeo is learning his manners. You are Felix's wife doesn't mean that you will disrespect future King's son. " Augustus intentionally added this to annoy Octavia.

Before Octavia could retort back, king Atticus said, "stop! We have just arrived and this is the way you are welcoming us. Where is Felix? In our absence, it is his responsibilty to look after kingdom . Octavia just flushed after hearing this. She herself didn't know where her husband was . Busy in gambling or hunting with his brothers ."

" And to enlighten you , this colourful lady here is my wife so it makes her Justus's mother. I expect all of you to treat your future queen with respect ." added Augustus.

Octavia's expressions were worth watching. She could literally see her crown being snatched from her and given to this lady. The thought itself made her stumble back. Tatiana and Flavia were equally shocked. 'Wife? Augustus's wife? Legal queen of the throne of Florence? If in future they win Rome, then she will be the queen of Rome and that disgrace would be prince? Where will they go? ' this was exactly which was going on the head of all the three women. Secretly they hated each other but in this particular moment, their whole hate was directed towards Rithambara. They just wanted to remove this thorn from their path to the throne but they forgot that she is Rithambara not Valentina.

Rithambara was just watching all the three ladies with smirk on her face. She loved the way his husband gave her introduction . Being a rajput woman, one thing she valued the most was respect. Seems like her 'choke throat technique ' advice has put some sense in her husband's head. When Justus saw a smirk on his mother's face ,he tried to lift his lips in the same way towards his aunts. Rithambara noticed his actions and gave him a full teeth smile . All the three women flared their nostrils and looked at her with anger on their face which looked very funny to Rithambara. She just raised her one eyebrow at them.

They all entered in the palace. Ritha looked at everything with keen interest. Though everyone's eyes were on her, she had a gut feeling that someone was obseving her with keen interest and to prove her point when she glanced at one corner, there was a silhoueotte which vanished within fraction of time. At this particular moment, she knew that this palace has more in it's store.

Finally, they reached in court of Florence. Breathtaking.Marvellous . Exceptional. These were the words which were coming in her mind. King
Atticus took his place and introduced Rithambara to everyone , " meet Rithambara, wife of Augustus and your future queen. She is daughter of my friend, Vikram Singh Rajput . Though they are married according to her culture, they will be married according to our rituals. Prepare the palace ." Claps were heard all around. Some were happy for their beloved prince ,some were fuming with jealousy while someone was looking at Ritha with keen interest.

Author's Note
Heya guys! Hope you enjoyed the update and if you do please hit the star button and comment your thoughts. If there are any silent readers then please vote because it will encourage me to write and thrive me to become a better version of me. ❤❤❤❤