Chapter 22

Augustus was fast enough to dodge the attack of the sword. Without turning back, he held the sword from
it's tip which caused blood to gush out from his palm. He swiftly rotated the sword and snatched it from the attacker's hand.

All the four culprits had an apprehensive look on their face after seeing Augustus's deadly stare. Without sparing even a single second,
Augustus attacked the one standing on his left side. The hallway echoed with his brutal scream. Augustus was fast enough to pick up the culprit's fallen sword. It was three against one now with Augustus having two swords in his each hand. Spontaneity being Augustus's key factor, it was easy for him to kill the two. He deliberately didn't kill the third one to get the answers.

After crossing the three bodies which were covered in pool of blood, Augustus ran behind the fourth culprit who was trying to run. In a blink of an eye, he held the culprit by his collar and dragged him back.

He punched hard oh his jaw followed by a punch on the stomach which made the culprit vomit blood. After pinning him on the ground, Augustus asked him in his deadly calm tone, "Who has send you? "

The culprit who was not able to breath properly just shook his head indicating he knows nothing. A tight slap was given to him by Augustus who looked like a beast at that moment. After choking him for one minute, he said, "I hate liars and cheaters. Speak before it's too late or your death would be more painful than your fellow mates. " Augustus's face was crimson due to anger and his blue eyes were deadly set on the person before him.

Still, the culprit didn't utter anything. He just kept making few incoherent noises from his throat. Frustrated by his antics, Augustus held his jaw and opened it forcefully , " such a loyal pig you are to your master! But if you won't utter words from your mouth, this I will slit your tongue and will feed it to stray dogs. Got that? "

             Still getting no clear answers, Augustus opened his mouth wide and he was least prepared for the scene present infront of him. The culprit didn't have a tongue. The one who sent him here was undoubtedly smart
and was one step ahead of him. In anger, Augustus killed him in one swift motion with his sword. He was utterly frustrated with the incidents happening in his life since past few days.

                  He was looking towards the dead bodies with irritation when a folded paper inside the mute culprit's pocket caught his attention . He bent down on his one knee to take a good look at it. Carefully, he used his left hand which was not injured to take out the paper because he didn't want blood to stain it. He opened it and saw a beautiful painting of an eagle. It was as if the eagle had it's eyes set on a target. At first , Augustus couldn't understand the meaning of the painting but soon beneath the painting , he saw a message -
"Eagles are here"

   Stephano, who was seeing the whole scene unfolding infront of his eyes from afar chuckled darkly and said, "message delivered. "

           Augustus was so engrossed in inspecteing the piece of paper that he forgot his injury. Meanwhile, Marcus
was passing through the same hallway after finishing his music lessons. He was still in the thoughts of his music lessons when he felt something wet under his footsteps.

  His eyes went wide after seeing the red liquid . He followed the narrow stream of blood and lifted his head to see his eldest brother , Augustus sitting on the floor looking at a piece of paper. Marcus gulped seeing four dead bodies surrounding his brother. He was not used to bloody sights because his interest was more in arts  than in fighting.

  His breath hitched after seeing blood coming out of his brother's right hand. He understood that his brother was attacked by someone. Taking deep breaths and making up his mind, he pushed away his fears and went towards his brother to aid his wound. He flinched seeing the limp dead bodies with horrendous wounds.

  He closed his eyes and asked his brother, "brother , you are injured. "

         Augustus who was deep in his thoughts, looked up after hearing the voice. His youngest brother, Marcus was standing there with his eyes closed. He understood that Marcus was not used to see blood and was somewhat scared of wounds. He got up and crossed the dead bodies to reach his  brother. Keeping inside the piece of paper in his pocket, he held Marcus's hand with his left hand and took him away from the bloodied site.

After reaching at the safe distance from the dead bodies, Marcus opened his eyes to see his brother smiling at him. Without wasting even a second, he yelled at Augustus to clean his wounds. He personally aided his brother's wound and told servants to clean the hallways and take away the dead bodies.

Marcus asked Augustus , "what happened in the hallway? Why were you sitting on the floor looking at something . You had four dead bodies surrounding you. Didn't it bother you?"

         Augustus smiled at his younger brother who was behaving as the elder one right now. He said, " I was attacked by those four culprits. Killing was the only option left to save myself. "

Marcus who was overwhelmed at the moment, hugged Augustus tightly and said in an emotional tone, "Take care of yourself, brother. I love you. "

Author's Note
Heya guys! Hops you like the update and if you do please hit the star button and comment your thoughts on the chapter. ❤❤