Chapter 29

Justus was looking with an anticipating look towards Rithambara wheras she was short at words to speak. She stared deep into Justus's eyes and gathered all her courage and murmured , "I had some important work to do so I got late son but I promise I won't ever leave you."

After hearing Ritha's answer, Justus hid his head in Ritha's chest so that she could not see his tears. He replied in a blubbering tone, " but everyone said that your mother is dead. I killed my mother. Ma, what is death? "

Ritha choked on her own saliva after hearing such a pregnant question from a boy who was not even three years old. She couldn't even imagine what this poor boy has to go through. How cruel and selfish people could be! She thought. They didn't even consider the feelings of a two years old. She didn't know how to explain the meaning of death to Justus. In order to drive him away from this conversation, she scooped him up in his arms and strolled out of the room towards hallways.

After hearing no answer from Ritha, Justus continued, "Romeo and Lowenzo do not play with me. why ma? "

      While Justus was looking towards Rithambara for his answers, she was looking towards the beautiful painting of an artistrocatic lady whose eyes disturbingly resonated with that of her husband. Her pale skin was in contrast with the maroon gown which she was wearing . Her red lips and blue eyes were the profound features of her face. Her brown locks were in a bun giving her a sophisticated look which undoubtedly she was. Her hands were  in a royal posture and her smile in the painting was giving kind and innocent vibes but somehow the strokes and vivid colours used in the painting instantly drifted her thoughts towards the painting of the eagle which she got through the message.

   She inspected the painting thoroughly through her eyes and when it fell at the bottom of the painting, it went stoic. 'Queen Athena' was written in Roman language and the writing disturbingly resembled with the message written on the eagle painting. Her sixth sense was telling that they all have a connection because it looked as if the same artist has drawn the painting. She wanted answers in fact she needed answers.

   Her trance was broken when Justus shook her shoulders and she gave him a bewildered look scaring Justus in the process who was looking at his mother as if trying to decipher what happened to her. After calming herself she asked Justus to repeat his question. When Justus again asked his question that why Romeo and Lorenzo didn't play with him in a sad voice, Ritha wanted to put some senses inside those royal brats.

    In order to console Justus, she put him down and kept her hand on his chin and spoke in affirmative tone, "my son! You are the future king and kings rule. They don't need someone to play with instead they make others play on their command."

   A shimmering smile broke on Justus's lips but it vanished when he thought about the fun which his cousins do. Sensing his sadness, Ritha took our her small sword from a waist and gave it to Justus, " I started my training when I was five years old but you will start your practice from this tender age with me, son. Do you want to learn how to use this sword? "

In return, Justus nodded his head enthusiastically and strode away with Ritha.

💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
Next day

   Lots of hustle and bustle was going around the palace as it was the time for ministers to finally present the records of the department handled by them. The old lady Aelia and Balbina had also done their work by luring one of the maids in their offer and asked the maid to give the wine of the poisoned glass to King Atticus. Seeing the huge amount which Aelia promised to pay in return was enough for the maid to do so.

       In afternoon, the meeting began and king Atticus alongwith all his five sons was present over there. Meeting proceeded with the formal introduction of each and every minister. The crease on king Atticus's forehead increased with each passing second.

      Trade of Florence was going down and even the tax collection was down from almost a year. King Atticus glared at his son, Felix who in return ignored his father's glares. For Felix, this meeting was useless as usual.

  Even Augustus was giving all of them pointed glares. When King Atticus wasn't able to contain his anger he said, " what was going on in my absence? Do you even understand the seriousness of the situation? Huh? With this condition, do you think we will conquer Rome? Just because distance between Florence and Rome is less do not mean that we will let our guards down. Got that?"

           All the heads bent down sensing the king's anger. After few more discussion, it was the time for wine to be served. Hiding behind one of the pillars, Aelia was waiting for this moment. As the maid served the drinks to all of them, the smile of victory danced on Aelia's lips.

  Unknown to the conspiracy plotted against him, king Atticus raised his wine glass and took a sip from his glass followed by other ministers but contrary to Aelia's thoughts, king Atticus was perfectly fine.