Chapter 64

Rithambara ran out of the room followed by Marcus. Three guards were laying on the ground clutching their stomach. They had fatal injuries and she looked around to see remaining soldiers fighting with Balbina and few other men. Two out of them looked very familiar to her. She pressed her temples to stress her mind and then it popped up! One of them played chess with her saying that he was Mario, third general in chief of Florence army. Her jaws clenched when she realised that he was part of Eagles. Besides him, stood the young lad who tricked her on mask procession day. When he saw Marcus who was standing behind her, he gestured him to run away from there.

When Marcus was about to run pass through her body, she held his collar and within a flip, snatched his sharp dagger. She pressed it against his throat in a manner that a bit of more pressure would have pierced his skin.

She threatened all of them, " throw your swords down or else, Marcus will pay the price. "

Rithambara was sure to core that they would do as she said because Marcus was an important part of their group as he provided them the full accessibility in the royal palace. Without his help, nothing would have had happened. He was the sole creator of all the chaos happening around but on the contrary to her thoughts, none of them even spared him a single glance. Instead, Stephano spoke very nonchalantly , " Kill him. "

Rithambara was a bit taken aback but to say that Marcus was stunned, would be an understatement. He just couldn't believe that this happened!

" Steohano! " a bewildered yet, helpless scream left his mouth but Stephano didn't pay any attention to it and continued fighting and dodging attacks.

Marcus hated being ignored by people for whom he did so much! He went against his kingdom to help these Eagles and this it what he is being returned?

" I hope you're aware who I'm Stephano! You have to answer to Queen! She won't spare anyone of you. Balbina! Luca! " Marcus was screaming at top of his lungs just so that anyone of them could hear him.

Balbina gava a small chuckle at this and spoke, " You are really a fool to believe that Queen is bothered about you. She has just one wish and that is to sit on the throne of Rome. "

Marcus's breathing turned uneven listening to this. He just couldn't believe that this was happening to him! He was on a tip of sword and his comrades left him! His soul felt pressed under the heavy stones of treachery.

Oh the irony!

If treachery was to weighed, he would surpass all limits because it was he, who was the traitor. Not them. In fact, they were loyal towards their kingdom and Queen. He was fooled!

' What more were you expecting from a lady who left her husband and son? '

The wheels started to turn in his head and if not for Ritha's right hold, he would have collapsed down. What was he even thinking before supporting that viscious lady? How nicely she lured him in her offer! How she manipulated him to believe that he would be the king while she would be his sub ordinate. How calmly she poisoned his mind that he would never become the Rex if he would support Florence because he was the youngest!

Ritha was addled because she had a theory in her mind that Queen Athena actually wanted Marcus to be the Rex but it seemed that scenario was quite complexed. Still, she didn't lose her grip because she knew that all of it could be a facade.

She can't help but pass a taunt to Marcus, " This is your almighty mother Marcus. Isn't it? "

Marcus was already frustrated with all the things happening around him but Rithambara's accusation agitated him beyond words , " she's not my mother. "