Chapter 20

Luca was groaning hard because of the excruciating pain in his left shoulder where arrow had stuck him. His cried echoed breaking the eeriness of the dark side of the palace. He was thankful to Stephano who was present over there who immediately aided his wounds and took him inside. Balbina's tears were not stopping after seeing her lover in so much pain.

The old lady, Aelia muttered, " what were you doing over there after delivering the message? You should have come down, idiot. Were you waiting for her to stuck her arrow? Hmm? Master will be so dissapointed with us. " She shook her head. Luca was so ashamed of himself that he couldn't confess to his team that the beauty of the lady intrigued him. How was he supposed to tell them he was so busy in drinking the beauty of the lady that he didn't get the time to react.

A gasp escaped her lips when Balbina sniffed and said, "Master already knows. He was in his balcony and saw the whole drama. "

           Stephano was quiet till now. He hadn't utter a single word till now. He  was just looking at the perfect master piece of the lady's hand which was in carved out of the blood. Though written with a finger, her writing was undeniably beautiful . Finally, a lady with brain, skills and determination but too bad, she had to die . Well, she will have an option ,she could be his wife . He would definitely talk to master about the second option because beauty like her didn't deserve to be wasted. He kissed the paper and smiled sickly, " wait for me , my love. After the death of Augustus, you will be with me and will be a part of Eagles. " Aelia knew that she has to take matters in her hands because Stephano was smitten by that lady which could be lethal for their team.

       In the morning, when Rithambara descended down with Justus in her arms, a look of worry crossed over King Atticus's face . He was looking at the white cloth wrapped on his grandson's arms. Before he could ask Ritha what happened, Romeo teased him, " Aww, what happened little Justus? Your mother hurt you? "

The little boy smiled at him and said, "no Romeo , my mother helped me. " He gestured towards his hands. Romeo was about to open his mouth to say something but was instantly shut up by the look of his uncle Augustus.

Augustus said in his deadly calm voice, "Father , we were attacked last night ." After that he briefed everyone present on the table about the last night incident .The happiness shining on the face of all the three ladies was worth watching but they concealed it quickly when King Atticus took a glance around. Magnus had his jaws clenched but tried best to hide his anger .

King Atticus was highly worried when he came to know about the last night incident as it could have been fatal. He immediately needed to take actions to increase Ritha's security as message was specifically for her.

He pondered for a minute and two, then stood up from his place and pointed towards a young lady and said, "Aquila, I want you to be personal guard of Rithambara. You will accompany her everywhere and will save her with your life. You saved Valentina many times in past and I expect the same now. In return, you will be rewarded with heavy jewels and wealth. "

      The lady curtly nodded at the king and came forward and said in a
Confident voice, " Your highness! You have my words , I'll save our future queen till my last breath. "

King Atticus nodded at her. This was the last straw to Magnus's patience. He stood up from his place and almost yelled at the king, " Father! This lady has just arrived here and already getting a special security. That's not fair. "

King Atticus was highly annoyed by his son's behaviour. He raised his eyebrows at him and clenched his jaws,  "Mind your voice, Magnus. Do you have an ounce of shame left inside you? She was attacked last night. What if something would have happened to her? And next time watch your tone. Don't do anything which would compell me to take serious decisions. "

This threat was more than enough to shut Magnus's mouth. After the heated conversation, everyone was dismissed by the king.

   As ordered by the king, Aquila was always alret and accompanied Ritha everywhere. After laying Justus for an afternoon nap, Ritha went in an empty hall to do her sword practice. Aquila was standing near the window and was glancing outside to catch any sort of danger.

Suddenly a flash passed through the door and Aquila without wasting a single second ran towards it followed by Rithambara who didn't notice at first because she was busy in her practice. While the figure was about to take a turn ,Ritha caught a glimpse of it. The dress of the silhoeutte was similar to the lady which she saw on first day while feeding Justus.

She ordered Aquila to run fast and catch the woman. After running through labyrinth of hallways, Aquila was able to catch the figure though she was tired and was panting hard.

Author's Note
Heya guys! Finally, the culprit is caught . Phew! Any predictions? 🤨🤨 Will Balbina confess about the secrets of, 'The Eagles ' or not. Hit star button and comment down your thoughts. ❤❤