Chapter 19

No sooner did they move away than a glass shattering sound was heard followed by a scream. It broke the magical spell of the beautiful conversation going in between the couple.

  At first Augustus was bewildered at Ritha's action but  soon enough, he saw an arrow passing just inches away from them with a lightening speed. Since, curtains were open, the arrow directly hit the mirror which was reflecting there beautiful and intimate moment just moments ago.

   Ritha turned around after hearing the scream and without wasting even a single moment, she ran inside followed by Augustus. Thousands of tiny shining glass pieces pricked the foot sole of Rithambara but she didn't care a bit because the glass piece which dared to pierce her son's palm was more painful.

     Seeing the blood oozing out of her son's hand turned her blood cold. She had seen severe injuries and blood from her childhood, it never bothered her but witnessing the little boy's blood was a scary sight for her. Justus was crying hysterically but this time he had his mother with him which lessened his pain a bit. Rithambara calmed herself and after taking few deep breaths, she went near Justus who immediately wrapped his hands around her waist, which Stucked the remaining piece of glass in her skin but it didn't even pain her because sobs of her son at the moment was piercing her heart .

      When she came back in her senses,
she took out the shining piece from Justus's palm which made more blood to flow out . She immediately took him in her arms and ran in the bathroom to clean his wounds.

       Augustus had his jaws clenched as he saw the blood of his son and wife in the room. This was the reason why he was afraid of bringing any woman in his life and jeopradizing her safety.
Suddenly, his eyes fell on the arrow which caused this bloody sight in his room. He, carefully went near the arrow and inspected it . He found a piece of paper stuck with it and the message inside boiled his blood.

   It was the painting of eyes which belonged to none other than his wife because it had a sign on the forehead which was worn by her

   It was the painting of eyes which belonged to none other than his wife because it had a sign on the forehead which was worn by her. A small note was written beneath it with red ink - "Welcome Queen. An eye to eye. "

                              He had his doubts on many people but he couldn't pin point we anyone without proofs . He was in deep thinking when note was taken from his hands.

Rithambara came back after treating Justus's wounds and made layed him down on the bed. She saw Augustus deep in thought looking at a note. She took the note from his hands and looked at the content . Wheels in her head turned and she knew this had something to do with that lady because she did an eye to eye gesture that day. Glancing up from the paper, she looked out of the window and smirked when she catched a light source amidst the branch of a tree.

  She went near the floor where sheded blood of Justus was lying. She dipped her index finger in the blood and wrote with her finger on the other side of the page -"an eye to eye "
She sweared on her son's blood to take the revenge and picked up the arrow from the floor. Folding the paper in the same manner ,she stuck it to the arrow. Taking out her bow from the neared shelf, she went in the balcony .

        Since she had a deep knowledge of maths as well as shastra Gyan, she knew the angle at which arrow came from the tree to strike exactly at the mirror. Setting her eyes on the target, she let the arrow go at the target and crate the same bloody scene over there.

  All the while, Augustus was looking at Ritha's wounded legs as it bothered him a lot. He was startled by a sharp cry of agony which came from far away. Ritha smiled dangerously and said in a calm tone - "an eye to eye " when her arrow hit the target.

Augustus was highly impressed by her archery skills and wanted to praise her but the demand of the hour was to clean her wound.

  He picked her up in the bridal style startling Ritha. She was about to protest but he hushed her. Laying her on the bed, he stook hold of her legs and started to take out the glass pieces. When she tried to wriggle her legs in order to free it from his hold, he glared at her making her smile.

  Breaking the silence, he said, "you are a weird lady. The glare which makes great soldiers pee in their pants is making you smile. " Ritha didn't answer him and just shook her head.

    Here, Magnus(Augustus's third brother) had his jaws clenched and frustration was clear in his eyes when he saw the arrow missing it's target which resulted in saving his brother and his wife. He punched at the nearby wall and went inside.

Author's Note
Heya guys! Are you interested in the story now as it is slowly and gradually moving towards it's thrilling part? Seems like 'The Eagles ' are getting support from inside. What do you think 🤨I'm loving writing this story and hope you are loving reading it and if you do, please hit the star button and comment down your thoughts  ❤❤